Sign in to follow this  
Quentin Jarrell

Ethos final production info

A production motor was air mailed to me so I coned it to a 15 and will be breaking it in over the next week to send out for klippel testing and power confirmation.  I tested it with a DATS system and got some crazy numbers that just aren't physically possible so after it's broke in I'll just do the measurements by hand.  I'm happy with it however the chrome is not as dark as I was expecting (I wanted black chrome) but it's much more durable than the black epoxy paint that was on the original sample.

The below pics are a 15 and it weighs 61 pounds for those of you planning on 8 of these in a Scion.  No cone shots as I just used plain dust caps.  My custom tooled caps won't be in until next week.

DSC_0154_zpsc26977a5.jpg

DSC_0155_zpsf8fdd19e.jpg

Looks bad ass. Tuned in.

too fcking sexy Quen!!!

nice

The below pics are a 15 and it weighs 61 pounds for those of you planning on 8 of these in a Scion.

Is that a bit of info for Shizz? ;)

I'm thinking about some of your stuff for a new build, I like the things that you are working on a lot Quentin!

Looking good!!!

The below pics are a 15 and it weighs 61 pounds for those of you planning on 8 of these in a Scion.

Awesome!  This is a new form of measurement that can help us decide what to run, lol.

Thanks man!  

I'll be watching the progress.

Tuned in fa sho

Looks beefy. 

Size comparison.  IA LI 15 on left.

DSC_0157_zps87859aeb.jpg

DSC_0156_zps89e7e770.jpg

wackit.gifwackit.gifwackit.gif

If i do decide to order these, can they be customized a little?

Direct leads or oversized terminals?

If i do decide to order these, can they be customized a little?

Direct leads or oversized terminals?

You could if you wanted to however the terminals accept 8 gauge wire.  Unless you are wrapping your speaker wire around the car it should be able to handle the current of 1,500-2,000 watts just fine.  If direct leads were wanted XS Power would be used.  Another option would be to leave the leads unsoldered and you could add your preference of wire.  Personally if I was going the route of direct leads I would want it to be one single wrie from the amp to the sub.  Not two feet of lead off the sub and then have to add another piece to reach the amp.

Also the tensil leads per coil are rated for 100 amps.

i just mention it because my normal wall builds use about 10-12ft of wire per terminal and i wire them outside the enclosure then another 3ft from there to the amp.

Voltage rails running 75-95v, i know i have some voltage loss by having it that long via 8awg.

:wackit:

Hmmmm, I am beginning to become extremely interested in 6 of these or wait for 4-18's! It is either these or Sundown X's. I am eager to get final #'s on both models & begin my research. Very nice looking product Quinten, cudos!

Edited by chicagofan