Sign in to follow this  
argenis69

Line Driver

Hi SSA,

1- I want to know what's a line driver specifically for?

2- Also is it worth having?

3- I've heard that the higher the voltage the better, but I don't really know what is meant by that. Please explain.

4- I have an Audiocontrol Eql concert series, does this have a line driver?

My hu is a Jvc KD-R730BT.

Thank you.

The primary purpose of the line driver is to keep you line voltage up by sourcing more current.  Not needed most of the time...

Perfect example of how questions should be asked, just look at the responses, they speak volume !!!

to expand on this topic i will be doing some testing this week....

i am chasing DBs at this point, i will do some testing to get a base score, then i will add a line driver that i have laying around to see if it helps at all...

daily i dont see a use fore it, but in chasing number  like i am it may just help a tad,. i dont plan to see huge changes as my head unit it 4 volt output, and my amp only expects 6 volts.. and my driver is a 7 volt boost.

anyway if you would like i can come back and share my findings... but they would be strictly SPL related.

When I've ran more than 2 + amps I've always usually had to run a Line driver just due to the fact I'd have to turn up the gain an insane amount to get it to get loud without introducing a bunch of noise

i am chasing DBs at this point, i will do some testing to get a base score, then i will add a line driver that i have laying around to see if it helps at all...

daily i dont see a use fore it, but in chasing number  like i am it may just help a tad,. i dont plan to see huge changes as my head unit it 4 volt output, and my amp only expects 6 volts.. and my driver is a 7 volt boost.

anyway if you would like i can come back and share my findings... but they would be strictly SPL related.

you can clip inputs just the same as you can outputs. Keep that in mind when running and reviewing the results of your test.

you can clip inputs just the same as you can outputs. Keep that in mind when running and reviewing the results of your test.

will do