Sign in to follow this  
disturbeddrummer254

I need some help

If the length is 18 then it is tuned ~25 hertz. You have turned the ports into 2 1/2 wide ports with them so close to the back of the box.

I can't model the subs but that is a bit low and will be causing a loss of output.

Geez. I really screwed up..so I can keep the 5x15 but try n shorten the port to make it 5 inches from the back?

My honest opinion would be to get a cut sheet off the SSA store link for icon or xcon boxes. By the time you fool around with fixing what you have it would be much easier to start over with a design you know is correct.

Or get "Alton" to come up with one that better fits your max deminsions.

Are those your max dimensions? I can make a design for you.

All the room I have is 38h-44w-22d...wanna be about 32...I guess ill go with both 18s in one box and one big port. Subs n port forward, I still want my wall.

Edited by disturbeddrummer254

What subs do you have? I didn't see it in this thread but I thought I saw somewhere you had zcons. Is that right?

Never mind. Went through your topics and saw you have 2 psi 18s.

Platform 2 right?

Edited by Bassink

Yea I just need to face it...but u do think bringin the tuning from 30 to almost 37 is making it sound crappy right, not the amp I bought?

Your enclosure is 90% of the sub setup, so yes it is most likely the problem.

90 percent ... No, I wouldn't go that far. If that was the case, There wouldn't have been any need to go with those expensive Zcons you're running. You could have done just as good with a custom built CNC enclosure with a pair of Funkey Pups ...

Pretty sure running TWO Funky Pups in a vehicle is illegal in 49 of 50 states.

Yes, the Force is strong with the Funkey Pups !! So strong that I can not even spell the name correctly. Please proceed with caution ...