So I've had the big 3 in my car for about a month and a half now everything was fine until this morning I opened my hood and one fitting was melted. It has 1 0gauge going to the battery and 2 4gauge going to starter and the other going to my fuse box. My car turns off as soon as I turn my AC on my car turns off. Also the 4 gauge going to the fuses had the insulation gone completely melted

pics

How do I upload them on mobile??

Use a hosting site like photobucket or imageshack

let me see if I am able to use those sites

I recommend disconnecting your batteries, meanwhile, to avoid any shorts or fire.

alright i think i got the hang of it 

this is a pic of the wire with tape on it after it melted i went down to a local shop ti buy a replacement fitting, they gave me this cheapass stinger that didnt fit my wires

http://s1288.photobucket.com/user/josedragonhernandez/media/IMG_20130715_154214_zpsc5d9c3e9.jpg.html?sort=3&o=4

Edited by dragon123443

pic of big 3 with stinger fitting

IMG_20130715_154545_zps8527c7a2.jpg

IMG_20130715_154526_zpsee12eaf3.jpg

IMG_20130715_154507_zps14b8bf1a.jpg

IMG_20130715_154214_zpsc5d9c3e9.jpg

IMG_20130715_154522_zps2ebc86c6.jpg

the wire looks like sliced up and taped

By looking at the picture, I believe those wires where some what loose, and that creates way more heat on the wires.

it is lol thats the one that melted up so i taped up meanwhile

does it? i was told the exact thing at the shop.. when i removed them though they were really tight in that fittging except for the battery post its nearly impossible to tighten that one. i also dont know why that sliced wire turned brownish.

Yes, remember that there's a lot of current draw from the amps and if wires or connectors are loose or to small they will heat up very bad and melt.

i dont have a system installed yet dave is completley lagging it on my box it is pissing me off already. that wire that melted is 4 gauge that goes to a distribution block with 2 8 gauges those 2 8 gauges go to the fuse box under the hood

but ill take your advice im just going to order the fitting again along with a foot of more ofc 4 gauge wire and just try it again.

do you think itd be better taking those 8 gauges out of the way and just running that 4 gauge wire straight to my fuse box?

Edited by dragon123443

In my personal opinion, I like the wires the thicker the better.

i dont have a system installed yet dave is completley lagging it on my box it is pissing me off already. that wire that melted is 4 gauge that goes to a distribution block with 2 8 gauges those 2 8 gauges go to the fuse box under the hood

And with no amps what are those wires connected to?

If that is how it was and you didn't unloosing anything. It's o vinous why it didn't work. The fuse holder that is melted, the wire just fell out or did you remove the wire and screw the nut back in?

And the other block that looks like for 4 gauge and the wire was trimmed down and crammed in is no bueno.

When you do the big three always leave the factory wires so that if something like this happens your vehicle is still functional.

Yeah I left it all in. This néw fitting licks balls my wires don't fit into it.

The wires are just the ordinary big 3 just that I started off having like 4 wires to my positive terminal and this is what I did to work them all in