shizzzon

Reputation Police- Someone needs an ass whoopin

Someone on this forum keeps -1 every single freaking post big jon makes apparently and it's getting to the point now where it's irritating me now.

Every time i See Jon post, i think, yea, that's cool, that makes sense, etc..  and BAM, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1.

For those who are trying to understand the system, seeing things like that will put him in a spot to never be trusted and that's not fair nor true whatsoever.

I do not know what optional capabilities the Invision script has on this site, but i will lay out a list of suggestions in hopes something is possible here.

If a user feels a post requires a -1, user MUST physically explain why in a comment section below the post with username.

If a user feels a post requires a -1, user's name must be tagged with the post(whether publicly or privately.  We need not care exactly who is doing it, just that the admins can detect trolling themselves)

I'm tryin to help ya man.  Hopefully this gets fixed soon.

We had a spammer doing this on CA-F. I think he finally got caught and banned by Aaron.

I do know that mods can put their mouse icon on the counter and see who made that upgrade or downgrade ...

Yea it's annoying to me too. He gets -1 for things he said that are actually good or just normal talking too. It's stupd. I always +1 every time I see it.

I liked when we were able to publicly see who did what.

That's good to know.  I just wish it would stop.  

Someone on this forum keeps -1 every single freaking post big jon makes apparently and it's getting to the point now where it's irritating me now.

Every time i See Jon post, i think, yea, that's cool, that makes sense, etc..  and BAM, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1.

For those who are trying to understand the system, seeing things like that will put him in a spot to never be trusted and that's not fair nor true whatsoever.

I do not know what optional capabilities the Invision script has on this site, but i will lay out a list of suggestions in hopes something is possible here.

If a user feels a post requires a -1, user MUST physically explain why in a comment section below the post with username.

If a user feels a post requires a -1, user's name must be tagged with the post(whether publicly or privately.  We need not care exactly who is doing it, just that the admins can detect trolling themselves)

I agree that it is way too excessive.  Nothing that Jon posts deserves a negative rep.  On the other hand, Jon's reactions to getting -1 on his posts is probably why the person keeps doing it.  I think if Jon would simply ignore it every time and not post crazy stuff with the name calling and what not, it would probably stop eventually. I agree with the suggestions above as well. 

I agree that it is way too excessive.  Nothing that Jon posts deserves a negative rep.  On the other hand, Jon's reactions to getting -1 on his posts is probably why the person keeps doing it.  I think if Jon would simply ignore it every time and not post crazy stuff with the name calling and what not, it would probably stop eventually. I agree with the suggestions above as well. 

I'm sure we'd all react like he has when he has to see it everyday.. for weeks.. months... etc.. 

IT's almost as bad as getting a prank call every other day for months.. 

It should be made that you can only UP vote post, remove the DOWN vote.

I do know that mods can put their mouse icon on the counter and see who made that upgrade or downgrade ...

Hmm, news to me.

*goes to search*

Nope, can't see who did...or at least I can't figure it out.

Tried looking all over, editing and all sorts of thigns. No cigar

Hmm, news to me.

*goes to search*

Unfortunately its not the same here.  I can see who votes up or down on CA-F but not here.

Hmm, news to me.

*goes to search*

I just went over to CA-F and double checked and I can click on the counter and see who made the upgrade or downgrade.

Downvote Cableguy for spreading misinformation!  :D

Downvote Cableguy for spreading misinformation!  biggrin.png

not being a mod here, I didn't know for sure ... Sorry guys Edited by Cablguy184

I used to be able to see who did it here so there is a way. It even used to pop up on my notifications, and I'd get an email.

I used to be able to see who did it here so there is a way. It even used to pop up on my notifications, and I'd get an email.

With the "like" system, what we have on www.HomeAudioForum.net and used to be on here, it has it so you can see who "liked" your post content.

How come we don't have that anymore?

I can switch it back to that no problem.  Just felt the full reputation system would be a little more helpful over all.

As for SSA and CA-F (great forum by the way for those who have not checked it out, link at the top) the SSA software is actually a little newer than CA-F by a minor update or two.  So it is very possible that when moving from 3.3.x to 3.4.x the feature of seeing who gave reputation was removed.

I can switch it back to that no problem.  Just felt the full reputation system would be a little more helpful over all.

As for SSA and CA-F (great forum by the way for those who have not checked it out, link at the top) the SSA software is actually a little newer than CA-F by a minor update or two.  So it is very possible that when moving from 3.3.x to 3.4.x the feature of seeing who gave reputation was removed.

Yea that's when I noticed it stopped. I don't know about everybody else but I would like it back! :)

I think you should have a poll done!

I have also given  Big  Jon a plus when he didn't deserve it.

the SSA software is actually a little newer than CA-F by a minor update or two.  So it is very possible that when moving from 3.3.x to 3.4.x the feature of seeing who gave reputation was removed.

Very understandable ... Thank you !!! It was easier to stop that CA-F spammer by checking that counter though ...

whoa.....

so im glad someone else can see how frustrating it is for me..... i have tried to let it go,  but when i get marked for saying something simple like " in the chat" or NICE JOB!" that shit is infuriating, i enjoyed it when you could see who was marking as well

im sorry that i get worked up about it.. but as someone else said, its like getting a prank call everyday.. all day...  its not as simple as one may think to just let it go. but ill try again.

thanks for the support

Going to be trolls and morons anywhere man, hell it's like you tube. No matter WHAT certain folks film or say theirs always those few who unlike it and seem to make it life's mission to click thumbs down, without even fucking  watching it first!

I think they get off on it and just have nothing better to do in life.

Yeah, I want the old system back. I would like to see who likes or dislikes comments. Whats happening to Jon and maybe others is bs and I think by seeing who is doing it will put a quick end to it.

Yeah, I want the old system back. I would like to see who likes or dislikes comments. Whats happening to Jon and maybe others is bs and I think by seeing who is doing it will put a quick end to it.

I think you misunderstood my post.  Only the "like" system has the option to show who liked the post, as in there is no negative or -1 or dislike option.