Quentin Jarrell

Ethos 12 and 15 final pricing and preorder

Well I tell u what. When hes done testing, find out what all monitoring is available because id be interested.

I still have to know if any monitoring would effect ability to recone if necessary or if it would alter ts parameters in anyway

monitoring will not be avaliable on these.  In the future maybe but not at least in the next 6 months.  And if done it would be attached to the motor and wouldn't affect softparts as it would add mass affecting parameters

Edited by Quentin Jarrell

Talked to Pat today. Testing will begin today or tomorrow.

Do you know how many more days Pat is going to be testing?

We do not know how long it takes to test and exactly what all he is testing again.

About 24 hrs. I talked to him Monday evening and he said testing might start on Monday evening or Tuesday.

He does testing on a few thousand transducers a year, some companies send hundreds at a time, every year. So I try not to aggravate him much. He's normally on the ball so expect to hear from him soon.

I have no doubts on the product. At the most, enclosure specs could change by .25 cubic feet and tuning a hertz or two up or down. I've already tested it with a DATS and manually calculating parameters by hand. Also had it installed and playing for about 24 hrs of playing time. I just want verification via an industry standard testing procedure before I publish results.

It's taking me a bit longer than most. But it's better than winging it and I believe most of y'all appreciate the extra steps taken.

Also he is making videos of each test (explained about 5 posts up), so I'm sure this is taking a little time as well.

I hope I get enough from scrapping.  This is the first driver since the Icon first came out that I'm actually excited about.

Your honesty is commendable Quentin.

I hope I get enough from scrapping. This is the first driver since the Icon first came out that I'm actually excited about.

Wait till you see the Primo sample. ~28mm xmax and 18.4 in^3 (~1.8 lbs) of aluminum faraday rings covering entire coil stroke coupled with MMAG goodness

I think I'll have to try one of these.

I hope I get enough from scrapping. This is the first driver since the Icon first came out that I'm actually excited about.

Wait till you see the Primo sample. ~28mm xmax and 18.4 in^3 (~1.8 lbs) of aluminum faraday rings covering entire coil stroke coupled with MMAG goodness

I'm sure it will be out of my price range.

Any updates Quentin?

I'll update as soon as I hear from him. This isn't the first driver he has tested for me sometimes he gets a little side tracked with the volume of stuff he has to deal with. I guess it's just one of the down falls of being the ONLY U.S. independent engineer trusted by Klippel themselves to test transducers.

Edited by Quentin Jarrell

I'll update as soon as I hear from him. This isn't the first driver he has tested for me sometimes he gets a little side tracked with the volume of stuff he has to deal with. I guess it's just one of the down falls of being the ONLY U.S. independent engineer trusted by Klippel themselves to test transducers.

No worries I'm just excited and curious. Still trying to decide between two 12's or one 15. :)

No worries I'm just excited and curious. Still trying to decide between two 12's or one 15. smile.png

two 12's will work in the same enclosure as one 15.        3 feet tuned to 32 for relatively flat response or 36 for increased ripple form 50-30 hertz

I designed everything so that everything is fairly interchangeable.

Two 12's in a small enclosure would be awesome, I just have to decide if it's worth it as I most likely won't be using anymore power.

In the recommended enclosures 1.5 for the 12 and 3 for the 15, it will take ~1,700 watts for them to hit 32mm xmax.  So if you couple two the two 12's you can expect them to hit around 16mm one way at ~1,700 watts.  Given the slight increase in sensitivity on the 15 and add in the cost of two 12's over the 1 15, I'd do one 15 if you plan on staying around 2k 

I'll take a d2 15", paypal is rickjlarosa@gmail.com

hell yeah

:wackit:

Why thank you sir, invoice will be sent on Monday during normal operating business hours.

this!

wackit.gif

Why thank you sir, invoice will be sent on Monday during normal operating business hours.

Sounds good!

UPDATE AS OF 8/6/13

spoke with my supplier on Monday.  Custom embossed dust caps will be in on Tuesday.  The only other parts we are waiting on are the frames which are due in on 8/17/13 (my BD woopie!!!!).  If I have not heard from Pat by the end of this week I will call and see when he is expected to be completed with his testing and videos.

Pre order will continue till the day all parts are in and ready to assemble.  As of now that date is expected to be 8/17/13.