Flatline1

Help Us welcome Flatline Audio to the forum

Sorry you feel that way man. I can't say I know what all the "BS" is that you have dealt with or recognized that level of disrespect , I was just speaking from the threads I've read in your section. Maybe our definition of "BS" is different but as a company owner I have not seen anything said about Flatline that would brother me as much as it seems to be you but we are all different. By all means I am a man of respect personally but when it comes to reading words through a computer screen I usually read with less emotion and more tolerance because of the fact. No disrespect meant here just purely personal opinion .

When you preconceive and opinion it is pretty hard to read anything the other way. In particular when you have pre-chosen your path and end result.

Whether we will remain on the forum is yet to be determined after all the drama over a couple of threads we are considering not staying. Since we seem to be invalid on post and other things I dont see any reason to pay for a vendor section when we have been said to be misleading customers with information and so on. We appreciate Mark giving us the chance to come here and maybe we will stay but as of right now it doesnt look that way.

I don't think the point people were trying to say that you were misleading anyone, just discussing the testing method and their opinions on it.  

Eh.. Your not even on the ssa store yet. I've been through your threads here but maybe I missed the part where you gave instructions on where to order.

Good luck with your business bro. Maybe concentrate more on getting these into people's hands and not so much what is said here.

Getting them into peoples hands is our top priority but sacrificing other things just to make a sale isnt as important. Are our amps great HELL YEA will anyone be please buying one DAMN right. The have exceeded all of our expectations and more. But if it means we lose a few sales if we arent here maybe so. But anyone that would want to buy a amp from us I mean really wanted one it wouldnt be hard to track us down to buy one. We went into coming here thinking that things may go a certain way but we hoped it wouldnt but instead it went exactly the way we thought it would from certain people saying certain things. Honestly thats the reason I left SSA years ago but everyone deserves another chance and I decided to come back and low and behold it starts all over again. Be owe well it is what it is. I respect everyone and expect the same if certain people cant respect that then as I said maybe this isnt the place for us. Some peopel may feel that the new company desereves to be treated a certain way to see if we can hang or whatever weve dealt with a ton of BS on alot of other forum and for the past year and a half we are still here and have grown alot as a company. Everyone has values that they hold to as I am sure SSA does but that doesn mean your beliefs are the best compared to someone elses.

Having the amplifiers on the store will be a big help on getting them into peoples hands.  I don't see where anything is being sacrificed by having a section here.  In the few days there has been a Flatline section, the brand name has gotten an instant boost in exposure and brand recognition.  I am not saying the SSA forum is the end-all, but there have been brands that have left and have essentially fallen off the map to the mass majority.  Being a part of this forum, regardless if it is exactly the post content you wanted, is a hugely beneficial thing to the brand.  Not comparing, but keep in mind, Sundown started out here on the SSA forum and here on the SSA store....

Having a technical discussion on testing method shouldn't be perceived as a negative thing as to how ever people are telling you, or be considered BS.  There was some great info brought up and discussed, both beneficial to the SSA members and to Flatline.  None of which I feel should warrant Flatline leaving.

Whether we will remain on the forum is yet to be determined after all the drama over a couple of threads we are considering not staying. Since we seem to be invalid on post and other things I dont see any reason to pay for a vendor section when we have been said to be misleading customers with information and so on. We appreciate Mark giving us the chance to come here and maybe we will stay but as of right now it doesnt look that way.

You might not like some of the things being said, but I can guarantee that you won't find a forum with more knowledgeable people. You say that you are new to the selling aspect of car audio, and I think that you could learn a lot by staying. If you shoot straight with the people here and try to take their criticism or suggestions as constructive you can expand your own knowledge. We have a great group here but you have to be willing to keep an open mind. I know that when I personally want info about a product this is where I come. If you just want to sell shit to the masses and don't care about facts and useful information about what you are doing then maybe this isn't the place for you. I hope that you do decide to stay, it's always nice to see more brands coming to the forum/store.

I agree.  Heck we have members and even some staff that criticize the SSA brand products, and I have taken that in and use it towards the future and how we direct our own brand.

You might not like some of the things being said, but I can guarantee that you won't find a forum with more knowledgeable people. You say that you are new to the selling aspect of car audio, and I think that you could learn a lot by staying. If you shoot straight with the people here and try to take their criticism or suggestions as constructive you can expand your own knowledge. We have a great group here but you have to be willing to keep an open mind. I know that when I personally want info about a product this is where I come. If you just want to sell shit to the masses and don't care about facts and useful information about what you are doing then maybe this isn't the place for you. I hope that you do decide to stay, it's always nice to see more brands coming to the forum/store.

Says who that we wont find a forum with more knowledge people , that's your opinion and your entitled to that. If I have question on things I know who to call from subs to amps. I don't know where you saw that we said we were to sales because we aren't we have been in retail for a while and I have been in the industry for 15+ years. So what your saying is if I don't agree with what a mod says then I am closed minded lmao that is so funny. So if a mod says the moon is blue here then because they say it its law. WOW last time I check we are not in a dictator ship so I don't have to agree with someone else on their views. How they feel is their opinion and that's their opinion. I am buy no means just interested in selling shit to the masses if you want to know the truth we never even wanted to be on a forum we were just going to sell direct and that's that but we had so many people wanting to sell them that's why we are here. We have turned down customers and competitors we aren't just worried about making a buck I have a regular job like everyone else and will even if things get even bigger. We are just here to provide the best product we can and that's all. When I think of a forum for a specific company it for people to ask questions about that particular product not for mods to try to discredit the company.

(In reference to the underlined segments) I don't think that is at all what Rick is saying.  

Also, I don't think anyone was trying to discredit the company at all, only trying to gain more information, become more informed on the product and understand why on the testing methods.  That is a perfect example as to why Rick said this is the forum of more knowledgable people.

Says who that we wont find a forum with more knowledge people , that's your opinion and your entitled to that. If I have question on things I know who to call from subs to amps. I don't know where you saw that we said we were to sales because we aren't we have been in retail for a while and I have been in the industry for 15+ years. So what your saying is if I don't agree with what a mod says then I am closed minded lmao that is so funny. So if a mod says the moon is blue here then because they say it its law. WOW last time I check we are not in a dictator ship so I don't have to agree with someone else on their views. How they feel is their opinion and that's their opinion. I am buy no means just interested in selling shit to the masses if you want to know the truth we never even wanted to be on a forum we were just going to sell direct and that's that but we had so many people wanting to sell them that's why we are here. We have turned down customers and competitors we aren't just worried about making a buck I have a regular job like everyone else and will even if things get even bigger. We are just here to provide the best product we can and that's all. When I think of a forum for a specific company it for people to ask questions about that particular product not for mods to try to discredit the company.

Nobody was trying to discredit your company.  You are really reading into this the wrong way. 

When I first read of your company, I thought here we go again;  another person ordering amplifiers with off-the-shelf parts, slapping a logo on it and offering it to the masses.  Now, you came on here, offered your product, took the criticism and responded.  I can say you have earned much respect with your posts whether you think so or not.  The fact that you stated you didn't know everything, but would work your hardest to find an answer to a question you don't know speaks highly of your character.   That is the type of people we need and want on this forum.  Stick around, don't take things personal, and just think a little outside your "normal" box.   We're all here to help each other grow, but the unfortunate thing about type is you cannot convey emotion through it.

Just wanted to highlight this post as it could not be said better. :)

I don't believe what has been said thus far between members on the forum and Flatline has been intense enough to close shop here already. Many members have welcomed your business and seemed to have faith in your product as mentioned in other threads. Just because some may feel there is a better way to validate the performance of your product it shouldn't excite too much defensive emotion. Especially when the issue isn't with you or your product but something small as the accuracy of a clamp test.

The guys here are not the first and only people to dismiss the validity of clamp tests when measuring amplifier output. The beautiful thing about owning your own business is It's your business and at the end of the day you can choose to do as you please. I'm sure most potential customers would be more than happy with seeing clamp test results but for the ones that are more technically informed there might be more to be desired.

As a consumer and potential customer I (as well as others im sure) tend to have a higher respect for companies that are honest and professional when defending their product/business vs one that retreats/explodes at the first hint of opposition. Good luck from here on out & hopefully you decide to stick around despite the rough start.

Well said and I agree. :)

I don't believe what has been said thus far between members on the forum and Flatline has been intense enough to close shop here already. Many members have welcomed your business and seemed to have faith in your product as mentioned in other threads. Just because some may feel there is a better way to validate the performance of your product it shouldn't excite too much defensive emotion. Especially when the issue isn't with you or your product but something small as the accuracy of a clamp test.

The guys here are not the first and only people to dismiss the validity of clamp tests when measuring amplifier output. The beautiful thing about owning your own business is It's your business and at the end of the day you can choose to do as you please. I'm sure most potential customers would be more than happy with seeing clamp test results but for the ones that are more technically informed there might be more to be desired.

As a consumer and potential customer I (as well as others im sure) tend to have a higher respect for companies that are honest and professional when defending their product/business vs one that retreats/explodes at the first hint of opposition. Good luck from here on out & hopefully you decide to stick around despite the rough start.

I have sat here and had to deal with a ton of BS for no reason and I was as professional as I could ever be with the people here was I given the same courtesy hell no and if we leave the forum is it isn't retreating by any means so basically its cool for someone to spit in your face as long as they do it in a way that is suppose to be helpful LMAO what the hell.

No one was spitting in your face, only discussing the testing method.

Sorry you feel that way man. I can't say I know what all the "BS" is that you have dealt with or recognized that level of disrespect , I was just speaking from the threads I've read in your section. Maybe our definition of "BS" is different but as a company owner I have not seen anything said about Flatline that would brother me as much as it seems to be you but we are all different. By all means I am a man of respect personally but when it comes to reading words through a computer screen I usually read with less emotion and more tolerance because of the fact. No disrespect meant here just purely personal opinion .

Again, I agree and feel there is much more reason for Flatline to stay than to leave.

Its really hard to understand people on this board. Its a lot more technical and they really try to help you grow in a way that I have not encountered on ANY other board. When I first came here I really didn't feel welcomed, but I stuck it out because of the knowledge I have read on the forums here. Now I not only feel accepted, I feel like this is home. M5 seemed like a complete Dick to me when I first came aboard, but after I read his signature and after getting to know him I realized he was just helping me learnlearn what I didn't know by questioning everything I said that way I would go back and research the information myself to better understand. Stick around, I think this place will grow on you.

I agree with all said. Take it with a grain of salt, but publicity is publicity whether it be bad or good. 

Honestly I'd say keep your head up since you know your amps do good. It doesn't matter where you go people will test your gangsta. 

I could say I clamped 16 watts from a potato with a silver fork and aluminum wrapped with duracell batteries running at 9.6 volts and M5 would probably tell me that the linear path to the potato is obstructed by the aluminum and I should have used saran wrap around the silver fork for maximum output. 

It's reasons like this I enjoy coming here to read the posts. It shows me how human people are. Don't let anything deter your final goal of what you are trying to accomplish!

Any person claiming well to be the owner/ proprietor of superb a trade mark may seek zithromax.