Sign in to follow this  
Jasondu28

Which amp for 2 12" Fi BLs

Hi everyone i'm finally getting back into car audio after about 5 years away from it when I got rid of my 18" AA Avalanche.  I Have spent several weeks looking at subs specs, reviews, prices and narrowed it down to 2 12" BLs 2 Ohm DVC

My next decision I have to make is what amp to buy.  I thought I had it narrowed down to an Alpine MRX-M240X which is 2400 watts rms @ 2 ohms, then I came across the Soundstream TA1.300D which is 3000 watts rms at .5 ohms

Here are links to each...

Alpine

http://www.amazon.com/Alpine-MRX-M240-Series-Digital-Amplifier/dp/B008ENWOC2/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_S_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=6SV0QKVJVB89&coliid=IIFGOOD5SUHL1

Soundstream

http://www.amazon.com/TA1-3000D-Soundstream-Monoblock-Tarantula-Amplifier/dp/B00C51Y2OW/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=6SV0QKVJVB89&coliid=I17NH5Q223EDQK

This will be going in a 2011 F150 regular cab, 4.5ish cube box (dependent on what is needed, have around enough space for 6^3ft), tuned to 32-33hz.  Electrical system will remain stock for now but it does have a 220A alternator stock, will be doing the BIG 3, and will be adding an additional battery at a later date.

I hope this is enough information to get some feedback

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Jasondu28

Those dual 2 ohm BL's would be easier on your electrical if ran at 1 ohm. Are you trying to stay in a price range amp wise? disregard this

Edited by 95 south

95 south, you can't run 2 dual 2 ohm subs at 1 ohm.

I would go with a 2 ohm final impedance since it will not be as stressful on your electrical. I wouldn't run .5 ohm if its for daily.

You should either find an amp with around 2500-3000 rms at 2 ohms or find 2 amps that can strap together to put out around the same, when strapped at 2 ohms, as the single amp at 2 ohms.

So if its only between those 2 amps I would deff get the alpine.

That's right he said he is running 2 of them...My bad...

why not D1s and wire to 1 ohm?

Yea did you already buy the subs?

95 south, you can't run 2 dual 2 ohm subs at 1 ohm.

I would go with a 2 ohm final impedance since it will not be as stressful on your electrical. I wouldn't run .5 ohm if its for daily.

You should either find an amp with around 2500-3000 rms at 2 ohms or find 2 amps that can strap together to put out around the same, when strapped at 2 ohms, as the single amp at 2 ohms.

i would do this. if you can do 2 SAZ1500Ds. Edited by On3Hundr3dProof

When did you buy them?

Between those I'd pick the alpine.

Well money is a bit of an issue, not looking at dropping 1050 on amps, but I do appreciate any input so thanks.

When did you buy them?

Between those of pick the alpine

2 days ago so they are in "awaiting payment" stage 

When did you buy them?

If I were you I would contract Nick and switch them to dual ones. It will give you more options for amps.

You might be able to switch it to dual 1 ohm subs since you just bought them. Look at db-r.com they have refurbished amps there for a lot cheaper. 2 saz1200s would even slam or 2 aq/sq 1200s. I have a saz2500 from db-r and it works flawlessly.

When did you buy them?

If I were you I would contract Nick and switch them to dual ones. It will give you more options for amps.

Is there anything that would provide a substantial advantage over the alpine @ $438?

using D1s or D2s? alpine isnt 1ohm stable

look on caco. guys selling 2 DD M3a's for 400-500

Sign in to follow this