This topic is really for my new upcoming build which will be two Sundown Audio SA-12s on a Hifonics BRX 2400.1D sealed off from the trunk.  The box is currently being built by Dave The Box Guy, it will have three different tunings with interchangeable ports (20Hz/28Hz/45Hz).  For now, while I sit and wait, I am going to post my current set up just to show you all some of the work I have done so far.   I don't have all the pictures since some things were done a little while ago such as, deadening, changing my door speakers, wiring etc. but I will eventually tear some things off and show you how I installed everything.  Here it is....

Current build:

Head unit: Kenwood KDC-X995 w/ iPad Mini

Equalizer: Clarion EQS746

Mids/Highs: 4 Infinity Kappa 62.9I (wanted to keep stock look so they are in the stock location of the doors)

Subwoofer:  1 15" Sundown Zv3 D2

3.3ft3 enclosure tuned to 33hz (Sub Up, Port to the side)

Mids/Highs amp:  Hifonics Zeus ZXi80.4

Subwoofer amp:  Hifonics Brutus BRX 2400.1D

Electrical:  Stock 150A alternator, XS Power D6500, BIG 3 to come soon

Deadener:  Second Skin Damplifier

***The only thing that will change with the new build will be the sub stage which is listed in the first paragraph, everything will most likely stay the same... for now lol***

This isn't my actual car, but this is what it looks like completely stock on the outside..

1_zps01179165.jpg

Here are some pictures of my car after some cheap mods!  Tint is %30 and hubcaps plasti-dipped!

6_zpsc8b0294f.jpg

5_zps8e61eef6.jpg

2_zps5f3eb6d5.jpg

Tinting my tail lights soon!  Don't have a pic before the de-badge so here is the after..  If you can tell I replaced the stock antenna with a "shorty"

7_zps0b2af3db.jpg

On to XS POWER, haven't done the BIG 3 yet but that is on the list of things to do.. Here is the stock battery under the hood.  I already ran the 1/0 gauge wire through and plan on shortening the wire to the fuse soon as well.  I will try and get pics of how I ran it later..

8_zps3665c621.jpg

9_zpsa9f8ce59.jpg

Look how small the stock battery is compared to the XS Power D6500!!

10_zps26eb3392.jpg

Finally installed, it was a b**** to get into that small space.

11_zpsef1a6a83.jpg

Damn how'd you get that damn batt in there? 

When these come in I dread working on them... They are a bitch lol. But nice so far.

Here is the stock radio.... 

13_zpse8f0080a.jpg

Here is the Metra Dash Kit I purchased.. Again, sorry I don't have most installation pics, I did them a while back..  It was a fairly easy installation with only a little amount of modding..

135_zpscf069c41.jpg

My first aftermarket stereo was some sony radio and the next was this one.. A Jensen VM9215BT with 7 inch flip out screen, fun while it lasted but was laggy as hell.  I covered the clock up top with my Irish flag.  Had to rep the family!

14_zpsfbde3270.jpg

Had to step-up my game and get a Kenwood X995! Awesome deck! I also drilled a small hole to place my PAC-LC1 and also changed the area in front of the stock clock.  I placed a piece of cardboard in front, vinyl wrapped it and put my stinger voltmeter there.

15_zps3038f7a5.jpg

At night..

16_zpsd7764db2.jpg

Look what came in the mail!!!  Clarion EQS-746!  And some cheap 18 gauge speaker wire I used to power it! lol

17_zpsbf01fdb0.jpg

19_zps03734c8e.jpg

Here is where it sits.  I may change the placement later but for now it's okay.

22_zps676355ca.jpg

20_zpsec485072.jpg

The only thing I didn't like about the Metra Dash Kit is those damn orange lights (if you can see them).  They don't match anything in my car at all..

21_zps17eee4b6.jpg

Here is the cheapest way to install a iPad mini and make it look decent lol Some vinyl wrap, heavy duty velcro, L brackets and a cheap snap-on case for the iPad mini. (Sorry for the dark picture)

23_zps317a6a7f.jpg

I vinyl wrapped the L brackets and added the velcro..

24_zps46398299.jpg

I will get another picture for this later but all I did was screw the brackets into the bottom empty part of the dash kit.  There is velcro on the back of the snap-on case as well as the brackets so I can always remove it and the L brackets are completely out of the way of everything if I need access to my hazard light button.  I think it turned out well.  All I have to do every time I get into the car is snap on my iPad, plug the USB into the iPad and hit play!

25_zps2a7b2281.jpg

A black USB wire for the iPad is on the way, so I have the white wire just kind of there for now.  BTW car is off and voltage is down a little because I was playing music lol.  

26_zpsd507bd5e.jpg

Here is a little vid before work in the morning of the iPad mount.  Couldn't really turn anything up to loud because it was about 0500 and I live in an apartment... lol

th_27_zps6b402524.jpg

Damn how'd you get that damn batt in there?

It was a pain, I had to take off the air filter which is underneath the black box in front of the battery. The battery is also wrapped in heat protection didn't get a pic of that either.. I suck lol Edited by grayta

When these come in I dread working on them... They are a bitch lol. But nice so far.

I love the new look of the focus but not everything maintenance wise, everything is a pain haha.  Thanks for the compliment!

Edited by grayta

On to the audio!!!!!

Have to give a huge shout out to Dave The Box Guy!  He makes awesome boxes and he is currently working on my second box!  If you haven't heard of him check out is Facebook!  Just type in Dave The Box Guy in google or just type his name all together and throw a ".com" after it lol!

3.3ft3 tuned to 33Hz with a 6" aeroport and gets lowwwww lol I will be putting it up for sale when my new box comes in!

28_zps48a3b149.jpg

29_zps40182e92.jpg

30_zpsb914db7f.jpg

Before I got into sundown I was messing around with RE Audio.  This is the SX 15", awesome sub for the price!  I think I had it on a Hifonics BRZ 1700.1D.

31_zps1102798e.jpg

Switched to Sundown and they received a customer for life!  I was really impressed with the quality and everything!!! I will get a pic of the Zv3 15" later on but here it is before I switched box position, if you can't see it's Sub up, port back.

35_zpsce877554.jpg

Here is the Hifonics BRX 2400.1D, awesome budget amp!

32_zpscd1ceb96.jpg

Hifonics BRX 2400.1D with the Hifonics ZXi 80.4

33_zps08288184.jpg

and at night (love the night pics lol)

34_zpse29f0766.jpg

I just recently decided to put the box all the way to the rear on the passengers side and face the port to the side, sounds a lot better..

36_zps2cd02db5.jpg

From the inside..

37_zps4e92a59d.jpg

The wires are a little messy but thats only temporary.. When I start my new build, wire will be cut and hidden.  I don't want to start cutting wires and then have to buy more because I didn't have enough to reach for my next build lol.

40_zps14c3b64b.jpg

39_zpse3108bfe.jpg

On to the new build!

So far I just have the subs.. Waiting on the box.. should be here either next week or the following week!

Here are the SA-12s!  Awesome and impressive right out of the box!  Can't wait to here them play!!!

41_zpsa56136bd.jpg

Here is our huge ass crate next to the boxes! lol

42_zps4bf74a1d.jpg

....And here is the big pup that guards my SAs while I am gone! lol

43_zps48cc6357.jpg

Here are the beefy ass subs..

44_zpsea4929e1.jpg

45_zps4adc98f1.jpg

46_zpsb36b9a6f.jpg

More to come when my box comes in.  Thanks for looking

Also I am going to the DB Drag in Glen Burnie tomorrow so I will post what my current system does on the TL.

How do you put a link in your signature?  I want to put a link of my build log in my signature.. Thanks.

Nice work, looking forward to my next visit out your way.

Nice work, looking forward to my next visit out your way.

Thanks!  Termpro says there is another show in Glen Burnie @ US Audio on the 18th of August, I will have my new build done by then.  I will be there and I am trying to go to the show in Bear, DE on the 28th of July (next Sunday).

Went to the DB Drag today at US Audio in Glen Burnie, MD.  I went up against Jordan Smith (second place in street trunk in world finals last year) who was competing with 2 JL Audio W7 12s on an AQ3500 and his box was sealed off the trunk.  Well every knew who was going to get a better score lol but I was happy with my 141.4 sealed on the dash @ 44Hz.. Hopefully when I finish my new set-up and start testing with it I will jump up a few DBs and get to his level haha.  Anyways, here is the vid, just click the pic below..

th_VID00022_zps3953aef9.jpg

Were you playing music or test tone?

Was that with your 15" or the new two 12"s?

It was a 44Hz test tone with my Zv3 15".  It will be about 2 weeks or so before I get the 12s playing.. How are you liking your new Xcon?  

Infinity speakers

My ears hurt already 

They are seeing about 160 watts a piece and they scream at you. The sound quality is awesome and crystal clear. My favorite co-axils for sure.

Infinity speakers My ears hurt already

They are seeing about 160 watts a piece and they scream at you. The sound quality is awesome and crystal clear. My favorite co-axils for sure.

I love Infinity comps and co-axils myself. The focus looks nice, good build so far.

Edited by jay-cee

Infinity speakers My ears hurt already

I love Infinity comps and co-axils myself. The focus looks nice, good build so far.

Thanks!  BTW just talked to Dave and he said the box should be shipped on August 5th.  Its about two days for shipping so I should be up and playing by the 10th  of August which is that Saturday, I think.  

Hopefully ill be seeing you again in glen burnie, and I'll be asking about your current box. If the price is right i'd love to have that for my brutus! It's a tad bit smaller than mine but I have a feeling it will sound a bit nicer as well, and it'll fit a hell of a lot better in my tiny trunk!

Hopefully ill be seeing you again in glen burnie, and I'll be asking about your current box. If the price is right i'd love to have that for my brutus! It's a tad bit smaller than mine but I have a feeling it will sound a bit nicer as well, and it'll fit a hell of a lot better in my tiny trunk!

I will PM you a price and I will def be there on the 18th!

Just ordered the Kenwood DDX370 for a little birthday gift to myself.  Going to sell the Kenwood X-995 for $150 (shipped).  Going to do away with my iPad Mini mount.  I change my mind so much haha.

If you need help with the box or cutting it out just let me know you can come over and we can cut it out here

If you need help with the box or cutting it out just let me know you can come over and we can cut it out here

The new box is currently being built by someone else..

Alrighty