Dang you are one lucky guy. Lol I'm jealous AF Haha...

Just got my door speakers..  These will be going in all four doors to keep the stock look.  I would have to modify to put tweeters in so I just went with co-axil.

IMG_20130911_171405_zps06559243.jpg

IMG_20130911_173303_zpsd84d642d.jpg

IMG_20130911_173422_zpsa242ba5e.jpg

IMG_20130911_173453_zps6e9f35ce.jpg

IMG_20130911_173411_zps604818ae.jpg

yes i will i installed some sound deadening last weekend. so hopefully should see about .5db increase but when i finish the trunk should see about 1.5 to 2db increase then the next us audio show will have the big three done

yes i will i installed some sound deadening last weekend. so hopefully should see about .5db increase but when i finish the trunk should see about 1.5 to 2db increase then the next us audio show will have the big three done

Awesome man.  You gonna start a build log?

Installing the door speakers..  Removing the Infinity Kappas then putting in the new Kenwood speakers.

1_zps98681ae5.jpg

3_zps08c82646.jpg

2_zps3664e8b5.jpg

Also recieved some Knu Koncepts 10 gauge wiring for the Sundown X-12s, they come in on Tuesday.

4_zps0f776f03.jpg

5_zps13717be3.jpg

I put my SPL port in the box yesterday and hit a 141.7 @ 45Hz sealed on the dash on the TL.  It's only .4 dbs higher than my last set-up.  It sounds way louder than my other system with my other ports so as I go to more comps I will put the other ports in.  

Good shit man. A gain is a gain I bet when you get your x's it will be much louder

Just got my Sundown Audio X-12s.  Here is the install.  I had to put the amp back on the seats because of the vibrations the lows were causing and the mounting holes where just right, I literally had to push the subs to get them into the holes. I just have to clean the car on the inside again.

CameraZOOM-20130917160843305_zps0ce537b0

CameraZOOM-20130917161047339_zpsc818746d

CameraZOOM-20130917161058614_zpsfdb3550a

CameraZOOM-20130917170517807_zps17ea7677

CameraZOOM-20130917172720068_zps53d9e1bc

CameraZOOM-20130917172704556_zps78fc56ae

I'll take another picture after I deep clean everything.  BTW the Xs smash the SAs on the lows.  X is the best sub I have ever heard.  I was so impressed because the only thing I changed was the subs.  Box and amp are the same and its a huge difference!  Moves more air too!

The xs have great sq. they are very loud on the low end. Ground pounders for sure. I am really thinking of sealing off my trunk again but not too sure. It was a little peaky sealed off.

Oh was it?? I bet with the 20hz port your subs get mean as hell. Do these subs affect the tuning of the box??

Not really but they would def sound louder in a bigger enclosure.

i love the look of those X 12's. That surround just looks so nasty.

I would try inverting those and see how it sounds and looks man probly sexy as hell

Just bought 2 Sundown Audio X-12s!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got them on the cheap on Car Audio .com.  $620 brand new in the box and are shipping today!  Saved $80 and no wait time till September 30th!  YES!  Should be shipping today.

Wow, that was fast.  They just came out.  Not understanding why a number are popping up for sale already.

I would try inverting those and see how it sounds and looks man probly sexy as hell

Don't want to invert them nor do I have the space in the trunk to do so.  They have a mounting depth of close to 10" lol.  They are monsters!

Just bought 2 Sundown Audio X-12s!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got them on the cheap on Car Audio .com.  $620 brand new in the box and are shipping today!  Saved $80 and no wait time till September 30th!  YES!  Should be shipping today.

Wow, that was fast.  They just came out.  Not understanding why a number are popping up for sale already.

I purchased them from someone who bought them and then decided to upgrade by the time he got them lol.  He didn't even put them on any power or in a box.  No one took the deal so I HAD to.  lol.  Are you coming to the show in October?  They have another USaudio show after that one but it will be on Sunday, 8 Dec.  It's going to be a Toys for Tots show.

I purchased them from someone who bought them and then decided to upgrade by the time he got them lol.  He didn't even put them on any power or in a box.  No one took the deal so I HAD to.  lol.  Are you coming to the show in October?  They have another USaudio show after that one but it will be on Sunday, 8 Dec.  It's going to be a Toys for Tots show.

I am aiming for the October show, hoping to be there.

Should be sealing my trunk off tomorrow again to see if it will make a difference.  It is getting louder and louder each day because of the "break in."  These are awesome subwoofers.  I have the 28Hz port in and they dominate everything from around the mid 20s to about 38-40Hz.  I haven't sat in too many rear firing trunk set-ups but I def think mine is the loudest I have heard, if not, then def close to the loudest I have ever heard out of a rear firing trunk.  These subs def have me impressed and are def in the ground pounding category.  I was amazed on how different it was just switching from the SAs to the Xs with the same box and amp.  Anyways, enough of my chatting, I should have some pictures up on here soon.

I was going to say PICS and also I can't wait for the show this month to see your numbers

Decided to seal my trunk off again and it sounds a lot better this time.  Used some thick cardboard, some gorilla tape and deadener.  Here are the pics..

1_zpsfc1bd6b9.jpg

Putting the tape on with the port removed.

2_zps85b0b602.jpg

Back of the box in the trunk..

IMG_20130927_162543_zps124af01b.jpg

IMG_20130927_162538_zps0863f412.jpg

IMG_20130927_162525_zpsb8d17186.jpg

IMG_20130927_162531_zpsa0b3f071.jpg

Putting the rear deck back on.

3_zps9fb0632a.jpg

Everything finished up.

From the back..

5_zpse7f78eab.jpg

Terminal wiring..

6_zps0cef60a6.jpg

Amp..

IMG_20130927_162456_zps664773bb.jpg

Not the prettiest install but it's def louder now.

4_zpse0b6d04a.jpg

Does your car rattle a lot dude? Or is it pretty solid?

Those subs man,

Your making me hella jealous with those x's

Damn this auto correct

Edited by dragon123443

My doors flex a lot when i played music in the low 20s but the car holds up pretty well.