Just ordered the Kenwood DDX370 for a little birthday gift to myself.  Going to sell the Kenwood X-995 for $150 (shipped).  Going to do away with my iPad Mini mount.  I change my mind so much haha.

I would of gone for the DDx470 we sell a ton of them and they are great, however the KDC-995 has better processing.

Just ordered the Kenwood DDX370 for a little birthday gift to myself.  Going to sell the Kenwood X-995 for $150 (shipped).  Going to do away with my iPad Mini mount.  I change my mind so much haha.

I would of gone for the DDx470 we sell a ton of them and they are great, however the KDC-995 has better processing.

I was thinking about the 470 but decided to go with the 370 instead to save some extra cash.  What is the biggest difference between the 470 and the 370?  I couldn't find much difference besides bluetooth.  I just wanted a decent touch screen that doesn't lag too much when I scroll through my music via USB.  Not to worried about the pre amps on it because I am using the Clarion EQS746 for the 7V pre-outs.

Are you going to Glenn Burnie the 18th

I was thinking about the 470 but decided to go with the 370 instead to save some extra cash.  What is the biggest difference between the 470 and the 370?  I couldn't find much difference besides bluetooth.  I just wanted a decent touch screen that doesn't lag too much when I scroll through my music via USB.  Not to worried about the pre amps on it because I am using the Clarion EQS746 for the 7V pre-outs.

BT and a bit faster.

Are you going to Glenn Burnie the 18th

Yes, I should be there.

BT and a bit faster.

I will probably regret not having the bluetooth later on.  I should have just forked out the extra $50.  Haha

BT and a bit faster.

I will probably regret not having the bluetooth later on.  I should have just forked out the extra $50.  Haha

The 470 is our most popular sold unit at our shop. Very well priced with a lot of great features. I had the 7" version for awhile.

BT and a bit faster.

The 470 is our most popular sold unit at our shop. Very well priced with a lot of great features. I had the 7" version for awhile.

Yea I have always liked Kenwood.  They always out-do their products.  How was the 7 inch?What kind of shop do you work in?  An online site or do you own or work at a local shop in your area?  

Came home to my new head unit.

1_zps1a721e59.jpg

Now for the install, I kind of left all the wiring out of it but here you go..

Bye Bye cheap iPad mini setup and Kenwood X995, you were awesome..

2_zps8b99aade.jpg

Hello Kenwood DDX370

3_zpse03bbc1e.jpg

Here it is all installed!!  BTW I removed the clarion eqs and installed it in the back of the vehicle. I kept it for the 7V pre-outs.  I never really changed the tuning of the eqs after i tuned it.  All I used it for was the sub/main volume.  Now I just use the head unit knob for the main volume and the PAC-LC1 I re-installed (still need to clean around it, some super glue leaked out lol) for the sub volume.  I think it looks more OEM, which I think is a lot cleaner.

5_zpsc5720cfc.jpg

4_zps0b986ae9.jpg

Anyone have an idea how to get super glue off plastic?  It is just around it and I can reach it with a cue tip.  I have heard nail polish remover works.  Maybe I can get my girlfriend to lend me some, or just take it wink.png lol

Looks great!

Where does that toggle switch underneath the head unit in pic #3 go to?

Looks great!

Where does that toggle switch underneath the head unit in pic #3 go to?

Thank you, Sir!  It goes to my voltmeter because it is so bright at night, lol.  I usually leave it off unless I am going to a show to monitor the voltage.  I just remove the outer-part of the radio and hit the switch and put the outer-part back on.  Takes about a minute.. lol  

Very nice I have to see it either in Smyrna or in Glenn burnie

Very nice I have to see it either in Smyrna or in Glenn burnie

Thanks.  Smyrna?

team deadly hertz is hosting a competiotion with matt from glenn burnie this sunday

team deadly hertz is hosting a competiotion with matt from glenn burnie this sunday

Awesome!  I won't be able to make it, my girlfriend comes home that day from being away on vacation with her girl friends.  How did you find out about the competition?  Termpro?

Matt and nick

install looks great!!

install looks great!!

Thanks!

Finally got a chance to do a couple things to my car today.  A little while ago I purchased a YOBO FC16, its a portable Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) that runs on the actual cartridge and not roms or emulators.  I had an idea about putting it in my car for a while now.  Now that I have a head unit with a 6.1 inch screen with av inputs I figured why not try it out.  I also thought, who the hell has a super nintendo in their car???  lol Well, now I can say I DO adhd.gif .  Here are the pics.  

I am putting it inside my glove box that way I can hide the system.  The unit comes with 2 bluetooth controllers shaped like the old snes controllers, a tv input, the console and a charging cable.  It has a lithium battery in it so it doesn't need to be plugged in all the time.  I only have one game for it now which is Super Mario All Stars, which has all the classic Marios on it.  I will buy more games soon for some multiplayer action. lol To make all this happen I bought a cheap inverter that plugs in to a cigarette lighter and an extension cord.

CAM00093_zpsbf83b7ac.jpg

CAM00105_zps6e1380b6.jpg

Had to pop this part off so I could run the wires to the glove box.

CAM00095_zps57d3a1df.jpg

About to plug in the AV input.

CAM00096_zps8c7a79a7.jpg

You can't really see it but I was able to hide the small inverter and plug under the center console which is the part I am showing you now.

CAM00101_zpsd5543280.jpg

Now I am going to plug everything into the YOBO FC16..

CAM00098_zps4ffcdf4e.jpg

Make it look neat.. Velcro is holding it in there..

CAM00099_zps8a3b8952.jpg

Now to hit the switch on the left side of the console to turn it on to make sure it works before I start putting everything back together lol.

CAM00097_zps6cc69e5c.jpg

I ran the charger plug near my shifter/ parking break.  The console tells me when the battery is low so then all I have to do is plug it in to let it charge and take it out when it's done charging.

CAM00102_zps9d7d0d00.jpg

CAM00103_zpsebe8760b.jpg

Here is a short video of it in action!  CLICK THE PIC FOR THE VIDEO.  I was not driving during this, it was just a little windy outside.  Also, the volume was down and my damn controller's battery was dead.  I had to put them on the charger. lol

th_Snes_zps04a908ab.jpg

Finally made a video of some flex.  My trunk is well deadened so I barely have any flex back there which is AWESOME!! lol Anyways, the wires are extremely messy because I am getting ready for my new build so please just look away from the mess haha.  CLICK THE PIC FOR THE VID and enjoy!!

Trunk Muzik (DJ SLOW N THROW REMIX) yes, i like DJSNT lol.

EDIT: Found out how to post youtube videos now..  

http://youtu.be/T7WcC0U24Sw

Edited by grayta

:phatyo: that's nice, old school gaming FTW!

phatyo.gif that's nice, old school gaming FTW!

Yes I love it!

The box is now being built!  All credit goes to Dave the box guy.  Check out the bracing!

999420_10151771917487180_227681065_n_zps

Edited by grayta

What are the specs on the box

Slowly but surely moving to all Sundown Audio products.. Just ordered the Sundown SAZ2500D v1 and Sundown SAX100.4 off of DB-R Electronics to replace my Hifonics amps.  Now my hifonics amps are for sale.  I will be posting them up on the classifieds soon.  Next are some Sundown components but that will be whenever my Infinity Kappas die and hopefully they last a long time haha

PROOF lol Didn't want to put my actual receipt up here and block everything out.

Screenshot2013-08-17at64022PM_zpsa9645ea

Edited by grayta