Just installed my 15" bl running off a bc2k. Stock alt, big 3, and a gold battery up front (don't remember the brand but it was the best I could get from advance) voltage is ok until I'm full tilt. I was looking at a cheaper Xs power battery but there still $150. Any other brands I should b looking into? Looking for a cheaper price but I don't want a shitty battery

Diehard Platinums from your local sears.

Yup ^ Or check Sams Club too. They sell rebadged Deka 9a31's for good prices at mine. Check their site to see if it's available first.

yup

Diehard Platinums from your local sears.

Is that battery betr than the equivalent of the Xs power battery I'd get for $230? I was looking at getting a d925 + hardware for $170... Idk if the d925 will help my voltage stay above 13 tho?

Just go buy another one of the same batteries you have in the car now.  It's cheap and will do the job.  Really there is no need for any of these "special" batteries unless you are competing and need every last amp.

Do you still have your stock battery or did u trade it in?

You should have a batt in the rear from the get-go based on your electrical situation.

Do you still have your stock battery or did u trade it in? You should have a batt in the rear from the get-go based on your electrical situation.

I bought it brand new. Left the old one at my dad's n can't find it now. I may jus get a d925 or another of what I got... Only have $120-150 n no I really can't save more money... Already in deep than I should b lol

I gota autocraft gold right now. Believe it's the 800cca one. Really wonder if another would help. Or an actual car audio battery would more. Jus sucks I'm on such a budget

Edited by Ludachris5150

Did you not read what I posted?

Just go buy another one of the same batteries you have in the car now.  It's cheap and will do the job.  Really there is no need for any of these "special" batteries unless you are competing and need every last amp.

This^^^ Go to walmart or autozone, and get the biggest battery that you can afford.

Did you not read what I posted?

Alright I got the hook up on a battery, going to install it this weekend. Orderd wire n all the hardware 2nite Edited by Ludachris5150

Tirefry that's some good info. I had no idea regular batteries would work. I'll feel more confident using some O Reilly super start platinum agm batteries.

Lol... any automotive AGM battery is fine.

I do not suggest using non-sealed or flooded batteries actually in the cargo area.

IT's more hazardous potentially.

Lol... any automotive AGM battery is fine.

I do not suggest using non-sealed or flooded batteries actually in the cargo area.

IT's more hazardous potentially.

They're fine if they're properly secured and vented. 

That's the thing..  I do not believe you can vent those types of batteries properly in a cargo area.

IF you can, how?

You run a tube from the battery box out of the vehicle.  Pretty simple.  I've had several Mustangs like this without an issue. 

That's the thing..  I do not believe you can vent those types of batteries properly in a cargo area.

IF you can, how?

MINI Cooper S' come with the battery in the cargo area, vented just like the post above mine, worked fine till I replaced it with XS.

That's the thing..  I do not believe you can vent those types of batteries properly in a cargo area. IF you can, how?

MINI Cooper S' come with the battery in the cargo area, vented just like the post above mine, worked fine till I replaced it with XS.
got any pics? I can mount it Np, would like to actually see it done. Are you saying I should enclose it n vent it or can I just mount it? I'm getn a discover dt12-4000 for $50

research leads me to the fact that is a battery designed for use in a UPS or battery bank.  I would not suggest this for automotive use.  It may work, but these batteries are not designed for the temp extremes and vibrations of the automotive environment.

A smart man once told me....

You will never, ever have an issue with a non-sealed battery. It is almost an urban legend, right up there with the NOS bottle exploding, seriously...

The amount of Hydrogen they might produce pales in comparison to the amount of air volume in your car, even if it was perfectly sealed off from the outside world, wich is never the case, unless you drive an old bug or a $100K+ sedan.... Even then, seriously? And if you smoke, like you give a shit about your life anyway, lol....

Seriously, Hydrogen build up?

And I've seen them explode in sealed containers, so why take the risk for an extra $2 in hardware and drilling some holes.  The chances of exploding a toilet from smoking on it are rare as well, but it has happened.

It's a 12v deep cycle agm battery. Do you think it's worth trying for $50? It's basically brand new... And it's a sealed rechargeable battery. I'm no tech wiz but they seem like they'd b ok... So your saying a regular battery would be betr?

That battery isn't available in NE and it says not available for shipping? I'll figure it out... May take some time. My voltage was dipn LOW today so I AM A back the gain down n baby it til I get another batt or 2...