Optimus_Prime

The New Ride!

I hate Michelin.

So do the Italians.

I've put allot of miles on my nitto's.

My father ha mickey thompson drag radials.

The mickey's are much softer, I'd keep those as strip only tires.

Those rims look really nice.

They remind me of the FR500 rims.

Just to make sure you realize I was referring to the 555 drag radials in the above posts.

I assume you meant you'd look into a drag radial down the road, not this purchase.

Always thought those were nice.  I've seen a few run the 20x10 all around and that looks pretty awesome as well.

I have Forgestar F14's on mine, so I'm a bit biased to the wheel design.

Always thought those were nice.  I've seen a few run the 20x10 all around and that looks pretty awesome as well.

I have Forgestar F14's on mine, so I'm a bit biased to the wheel design.

You should put up some pics of your stang. Could not see the one you tried posting earlier in this thread.

Hopefully this works:

9018830037_4c9082a655_c.jpg

IMG_0271 by riored4v, on Flickr

Man that looks sweet as hell. what wheels are they and what size.   Also what chin spoiler, looks like Saleen grill.

Edited by Optimus_Prime

Thanks..  I appreciate it.  If you need more pics, let me know.  Its lowered on K-springs, but the wheels are 19x9 and 20x10.5, Forgestar F14's.  Yup, grille is Saleen and the front is the Boss/CS Front Fascia with the Boss splitter.

Stop posting! You're making me want another one and dammit, I have to get these Lincolns and my Foxes done before I jump into something new.

Love the color combo.

Stop posting! You're making me want another one and dammit, I have to get these Lincolns and my Foxes done before I jump into something new.

What year Foxes?  Love those things.  Used to own a few of them myself.

90 and 91 LX hatches.

Nice!

I kept moving up til I drove the S197 and then had to move back to the Fox.  I love the looks of the new cars, but everytime I sit in my dad's I really dislike the fact that my arm rests on the console to shift.  And damn are they heavy. 

I kept moving up til I drove the S197 and then had to move back to the Fox.  I love the looks of the new cars, but everytime I sit in my dad's I really dislike the fact that my arm rests on the console to shift.  And damn are they heavy. 

Yea, they are definitely big on the scales.  But they're damn quick.  This is my 8th or 9th mustang ranging from 87 to present, and so far its by far my favorite.  Super quiet, fast and comfortable.  Plus I dont think I would have ever trusted one of my H/C/I foxes to make super long road trips like I have with this car haha.

The shifting thing..yea, it was a little weird for me at first also.  Especially when you come from a fox where you are basically on top of the shifter.  I've grown to really like it.  Armrest makes for really comfortable cruising and when you want to rip a gear, you don't notice the different location at all.

Thanks..  I appreciate it.  If you need more pics, let me know.  Its lowered on K-springs, but the wheels are 19x9 and 20x10.5, Forgestar F14's.  Yup, grille is Saleen and the front is the Boss/CS Front Fascia with the Boss splitter.

Thanks for the info.  More pics would be nice :) Also what are exact sizes and offsets of your wheels and tires.  I am seriously getting ready to order em up. Are the wheels in gunmetal. Thanks.

Thanks for the info.  More pics would be nice smile.png Also what are exact sizes and offsets of your wheels and tires.  I am seriously getting ready to order em up. Are the wheels in gunmetal. Thanks.

I honestly don't remember the offsets of the wheels, but the sizes were 19x9 and 20x10.5.  The rears are the deep concave versions.  Tires are Toyo Proxes 4's and 295/30/20 rear and 255/35/19 on the fronts.

Here's some more pics:

9018825589_d994260e8f_c.jpg

IMG_0272 by riored4v, on Flickr

9018822059_1cc6946372_c.jpg

IMG_0275 by riored4v, on Flickr

9021047094_fa54960001_c.jpg

IMG_0279 by riored4v, on Flickr

9021044674_0c16561af5_c.jpg

IMG_0281 by riored4v, on Flickr

9018816843_7ba80b5250_c.jpg

IMG_0280 by riored4v, on Flickr

9018823027_f4b5ee33da_c.jpg

IMG_0274 by riored4v, on Flickr

stop right there.LOL  Car looks awesome- and I generally am not a Stang fan.

I have found that chasing performance is never-ending(like audio).  i have taken my Trans Am to the point where it isn't fun on the street anymore....it is never quite fast enough.  Sometimes I wish I had kept it as a nice street car- instead of street/strip.

Love the forgelines!

Thanks man.  I appreciate it.  And yea, I agree.. having both audio and horsepower as hobbies can get expensive very fast.  I've done that on a few of my past cars where they start to become not as fun as a DD.  Definitely not the route I'm trying to go with this car, but who knows what will happen haha.

Did you happen to drive the 6 before the GT? I'm interested in how it compares to the 3 valve S197s.

Naw, I was pretty much only interested in the GT.

stop right there.LOL Car looks awesome- and I generally am not a Stang fan.

I have found that chasing performance is never-ending(like audio). i have taken my Trans Am to the point where it isn't fun on the street anymore....it is never quite fast enough. Sometimes I wish I had kept it as a nice street car- instead of street/strip.

Love the forgelines!

I'm only 23, but I think you just taught me a life long lesson. Ty sir :)

stop right there.LOL Car looks awesome- and I generally am not a Stang fan.

I have found that chasing performance is never-ending(like audio). i have taken my Trans Am to the point where it isn't fun on the street anymore....it is never quite fast enough. Sometimes I wish I had kept it as a nice street car- instead of street/strip.

Love the forgelines!

I'm only 23, but I think you just taught me a life long lesson. Ty sir smile.png

Don't worry, it never works.  I've said that on with the last 3 cars I've had.