Sign in to follow this  
BigPun1982

New Car, New Build

Hey fellas! So I got a new ride and designing a SQ(L) setup as I need to make room for a baby and I have limited space. Here are the details:

2011 Chevy Malibu LTZ

Source - Alpine IVE-W535HD

Fronts - Kicker QS65.2 components

Rears - Kicker KS693

Amp - Kicker IX1000.5 (5 channel. 65x4 & 500.1)

Sub(s) - TBD!

I need help choosing a sub! I have 500-600 watts rms to work with and going to be doing a sealed enclosure no larger than 1.5cf.

Here is what I've narrowed to down to, any and all advice appreciated! I can have them all for between $240-350 each:

JL 12W7v3

ID IDQ12v3

ARC Black 12

JBL GTI MkII

Boston G512.4

SSA GCON

I am looking for the most output I can acheive from a single 12" sealed setup on 500-600w. I am coming from a 15" Fi Q in a huge box on 1200w and just dont need that much anymore,

Thanks guys!

P.S. I listen to hip hop, R&B, Dubstep and rock. My passion is for the lows though so I need something to dig deep. I LOVED the Q, just needing to downsize

sounds like a great opportunity to try infinite baffle? 

If not, from that list, w7 or mkii

Edited by eggyhustles

Yeah I was debating an IB setup. I havent had the opportunity to work with a setup like that much. What are the pros and cons? Is there any other options as far as sub(s) I should look at? Budget is $350 and working with 500-600 rms

Flatlyne works well IB

I love jl but I would not get the w7 cost way to pucking much. If you can get one for 350 buy it and sell it for more (IMO) I have heard of a guy using a 2 AA subs for IB

So I pulled the trigger on a JBL W12GTi MkII. I changed the amps up from to Kicker ix1000.5 to the ix500.4 and ZX1000.1. I will be building the enclosure either this weekend or next. Going to stay sealed and looking for a good mix of a flat(ish) response and I really want it to attack the lows. JBL reccomended a 1cf sealed box but I have read that this solution is a bit peaky and does not handle the lows well.

Has anyone had experience with these subs and may shine some light into an enclosure reccomendation?