Sign in to follow this  
Stephen93s10

Should I go with 2 12 SSA or 1 12 icon

I have a 98 s10 ext and can't decide whether to go with 1 icon or 2 SSA's I want deep and loud bass. Any suggestions? And any good Amps under 350$ that you can think of? Thanks

Why not just ask in the same thread you already created?

idk I just created an account and am not sure of posting on different threads and everything, but do you have an opinion on 2 12" SSA's or 1 12" Icon? Also some good Amps that are under 350$? I would appreciate it

Huh?

SSA makes Icons so 2 12" SSA what vs 1 SSA icon?

What is your total budget?

Save up a tad more and do a custom enclosure and the SSA Xcon 12"

Should leave around $140-150 or so..then add a little bit and snag an amp.

Pro-rabbit your suggesting I go with 1 12" Xcon, for that price I can purchase 2 gcons. Which would have deeper bass and be louder?

That is subject to the install, enclosure, and amplifier.

Also, a dual 12" enclosure will cost more then a single 12" enclosure thus upping your overall budget again.

How much room do you have and are you building the box?

I'm kind of new when it comes to car stereos, but behind my sear of my s10 I have approximately 4.5 ft in width, 2 feet in height and almost 2 feet in depth.

Why not some 15s? Looks like you have the room for them.

Well I have a budget of about 750$ to spend on a box, amp, and subs. Do you think 2 15s would fit, and what kind. I want something with deep bass and that is loud.

If this is my cousin 2 15's won't fit bro lol.

Remember that as you increase the size of the driver the enclousre requirements go up as well. This also means that the price for an enclosure goes up as more material is needed and if you have one built shipping will start to chip away rather quickly with larger enclosures.

A single 12 or dual 12 setup would be ideal for your situation.

Lol chris, haha?

Yup. Glad your here. These guys know there shit. Only place I go when I have questions.

I had 1 15" Fi Q in that truck and it was cramped. With the seat all the way back you lose a lot of room.

I found some pics of a few different boxes I had in there

DSCN0414.jpg

DSCN0406.jpg

DSCN0402.jpg

Can't find any of the sa12

Edited by smashedz28

Well, idk what to get 2 SA 12s. Maybe 1 icon 12. I want 2 12" gcons but don't have enough. What do u think? By the way my phone got shut off if you tryed text me lol. Probably be back on in a month.

Why not one 15" Icon?

It's gonna depend on your box man. I swear the single sa12 sounded the best. Big bad Treo ssx sounded like shit in the box I used. 15" q wasn't impressive either but I know it was the boxes I used. If I still had the truck I would do 2 12" gcons. I can help you with the box when your ready. A 15" icon would be sweet I'm sure. Never used an actual ssa sub but I want to hella bad. Let these guys throw out some ideas

What do you guys think about the fi q 15 compared to the icon 15?

About how much will it cost to build the box? Did u build the box for your 2 sa12s? If not how much did it cost and from where.

Sign in to follow this