Be the third to review it

That is in the cost per watt area I am untrusting of the amplifier quality.

I wouldn't waste my money on one. Looks like they crammed that circuit board full! 

Probably comes from the same chinese build house as Audiopipe amps. Very similar board layout with a few different components. Looks like an AP/APCL board with AP mini style heat sink & controls. 

Quote posted on another forum...

TaylorFade:

" I did, in fact, test one of these at Scrapin'.

I only had a 1 ohm nominal available. Wired to my caps, car off at 1 ohm... it did 1,450w rising to almost 3 ohms. I don't recall the actual voltage and amperage and my caps were resting ~ 13.3v after the burps.

I thought maybe it looked like a couple apsm's in the same case, but the AP's get dirty as shit under load. This amp didn't. It's stayed clean as a whistle.

I obviously can't comment on it's durability, what it'd do wired down or how it sounds, but it's doing power. "

And another from Shizzz

Shizzzon:

" just because it makes whatever power clean for the money doesnt make it good.

I'm not a hardware engineer but know that better amps will have far more advanced filtering to keep speakers cooler, better internals for abuse, etc..

Heat and power are my 2 main concerns.. Mounted properly and proper monitoring should ensure a long life of any amp. "

Edited by A.SMALL

Quote posted on another forum...TaylorFade:" I did, in fact, test one of these at Scrapin'.I only had a 1 ohm nominal available. Wired to my caps, car off at 1 ohm... it did 1,450w rising to almost 3 ohms. I don't recall the actual voltage and amperage and my caps were resting ~ 13.3v after the burps.I thought maybe it looked like a couple apsm's in the same case, but the AP's get dirty as shit under load. This amp didn't. It's stayed clean as a whistle.I obviously can't comment on it's durability, what it'd do wired down or how it sounds, but it's doing power. "And another from ShizzzShizzzon:" just because it makes whatever power clean for the money doesnt make it good.I'm not a hardware engineer but know that better amps will have far more advanced filtering to keep speakers cooler, better internals for abuse, etc..Heat and power are my 2 main concerns.. Mounted properly and proper monitoring should ensure a long life of any amp. "

Clamp test means nothing....

Quote posted on another forum...TaylorFade:" I did, in fact, test one of these at Scrapin'.I only had a 1 ohm nominal available. Wired to my caps, car off at 1 ohm... it did 1,450w rising to almost 3 ohms. I don't recall the actual voltage and amperage and my caps were resting ~ 13.3v after the burps.I thought maybe it looked like a couple apsm's in the same case, but the AP's get dirty as shit under load. This amp didn't. It's stayed clean as a whistle.I obviously can't comment on it's durability, what it'd do wired down or how it sounds, but it's doing power. "And another from ShizzzShizzzon:" just because it makes whatever power clean for the money doesnt make it good.I'm not a hardware engineer but know that better amps will have far more advanced filtering to keep speakers cooler, better internals for abuse, etc..Heat and power are my 2 main concerns.. Mounted properly and proper monitoring should ensure a long life of any amp. "

It depends on who you ask...I'm well aware of the reasons you made that statement though.

It depends on who you ask...I'm well aware of the reasons you made that statement though.

A clamp test is not an RMS rating. Search the definition of RMS and you will understand.

If it hasn't been hooked up to a Audio Precision or Power Cube analyzer then the rating means absolutely nothing. It also means nothing if the parameters at which the numbers measured are not listed.

I understand that. Playing devil's advocate I simply said that some people believe clamp test are meaningful. Now as far as should they believe that I never said they should or shouldn't. Was just posting what was said else where about the similarities between AP and this amp. My apologies for any confusion that may have been interpreted. Clamp test are bad mmkay.

Edited by A.SMALL

In most cases it's simple... You get what you pay for?People are so fast to jump on the "cheaper" bandwagon. Spend an extra 100-150$ and get a quality amp that WILL do power. It is what it is... A 300$ "3k" amp... Don't expect much.

I was going to get a crescendo 2000 but I saw the pa and the guts inside the pa aren't the same as the ap 3000 but ill see how it does and get back

Xplicit audio IIRC is some joint partnership with Coleman Thedinger

In that case run like hell from that asshat.

Xplicit audio IIRC is some joint partnership with Coleman Thedinger

Xplicit Audio is separate from Coleman's companies. Xplicit sells Coleman's products though. They are a online dealer/distributor of EA, AT and CT.