SMpaintball78

500-550RWHP powerstroke? i think so ;)

rofl at the procharger comment on a diesel!

You must not know much. But super chargers are used with turbos more than you think. One of the fastest "street" diesels I've seen ran a procharger to a turbo. It takes up while the turbo builds up and it was also on a 6.0. 

I can't remember who built the Pikes Peak diesel truck but it runs a big roots style supercharger IIRC, along with a single turbo. Not uncommon to use a supercharger in a compound setup. 

Most the turbo guys I know are running single 90-110mm or like twin 80-90s in their cars.

Damn, You must run around with the big dogs. I know a few guys running that size turbos but almost none are street cars. :)
Texas has real street cars. Tags, insurance, DEQ legal. Actually drive to the track or a street race. Not trailer jockies Ect.

Street outlaws show is a staged joke. Trailer your big slick car to a street race? Lmao.

turbo supercharged diesels have been around a couple of years.

Since before WWII.

we have a 1974 international 4700 supercharged turbo V6 airstart! Detroit  truck... we use it for house moving, has an old 21 3 shifter tranny.. its a fucking raggedy beast but she runs!  and pulls like a son of a bitch.

Yay for Detroit Diesel. IIRC the supercharger was used mostly to air in intake/exhaust since it was a 2-stroke engine. 

Here, use one of these turbos.

DSCN0215.jpg~original

DSCN0219.jpg~original

lol....

I wonder if it's enough..

I would go with twin turbo's.lol

Someone PS that into Lantz's bed. 

Is that for a gassification plant?

Pictures, videos?

Very close, it's for a Clark TLA-8 Integral engine/compressor for natural gas compression on the natural gas transmission pipeline that I work for. They're rated for 2700hp, have a 17" bore and 19" of stroke which puts them right around 35,000 cu. in. of displacement.  They're also a 2 stroke engine and run on the natural gas from the pipeline.  An integral engine like these is referred to as such due to the fact the compressor connecting rods are integrated with the power piston connecting rods.  They share journals on the same crank shaft.

Pictures, videos?

No videos, but I do have a few pictures of several of the different engines we have on the pipeline.

http://s889.photobucket.com/user/altoncustomtech/library/Engines%20at%20my%20Work%20location

Very close, it's for a Clark TLA-8 Integral engine/compressor for natural gas compression on the natural gas transmission pipeline that I work for. They're rated for 2700hp, have a 17" bore and 19" of stroke which puts them right around 35,000 cu. in. of displacement.

I used to work for a GE contractor and we built large distribution, switchgear, MCCs, etc. . .   I got to see a lot of that stuff and it never ceases to amaze me at the engineering feats.

well i got her on!!!! i had a small delay yesterday when i installed her... when i out the turbo on the first time, i must have grabbed the oil return line that comes off the turbo and pulled it out of the high pressure oil pump (HPOP) so when i cranked her over, there was 2 gallons of oil on the floor in a matter of seconds... so today after work, i took the turbo BACK off and got the oil return line situated. heres a video from last night 

Pics:  new turbo on right, old on left!! f**k yeah

IMAG0120_zpse8b14acd.jpg

Video:  More to come!!

Since before WWII.

Since before WWII.

not sure why this got 2 dislikes... its only the truth .

Little update...... installed stage 2 warren diesel injectors and upgraded from that 63.5mm powermax to a custom 68mm KC turbo. Im right around 600-625hp at the wheels now. A guy i know who runs the same set up as me out diwn 627hp at the wheels. Littke uodate video. Also some audio uogrades!

Miss you man!!

Miss yall too! Its been awhile lol. Just been working and buulding my truck haha my plan is to put diwn 145db or so at slamology then go over to the drag strip and run a 12 secind quarter mile haha

Miss yall too! Its been awhile lol. Just been working and buulding my truck haha my plan is to put diwn 145db or so at slamology then go over to the drag strip and run a 12 secind quarter mile haha