Ceez9090

how do I charge my batteries?

I looked in the fourms on how to do it but couldent find exactly what is needed. I have 2 xsd3400 batts. One underhood and other in the trunk. What would be my best option in charging them?

Ceez9090, on 29 Jul 2013 - 16:13, said:

I looked in the fourms on how to do it but couldent find exactly what is needed. I have 2 xsd3400 batts. One underhood and other in the trunk. What would be my best option in charging them?

Get a battery tender and use that to charge them. If you drive the car every day you shouldn't have to charge them.

Or use a charger like Jon said.

Edited by pmureika

Battery tender takes way too long.

Get an AGM charger that can do at least 15A on it's peak setting.

If the batteries are brand new, do not charge them.

Put them in vehicle and show them a few loads over a period of a week.

Then, check their rest level after the car has been off for several hours.

If they are not reading 13.0-13.2v, then hook them up to the charger and charge them.

Once it's done, hook them back up to vehicle and check rest level again in a week.

Batteries must learn how to operate and the best is to abuse them safely the first week.

Yea they been in the car for about 2 months now I have a HO alt every thing seems good, just wondering cuz when I got the batteries (brand new) it said to top them off every once in a while im not completly sure if that is necessary. If it is do I leave them in car and charge them or do I have to pull them out?

that means you should inspect that they still rest at max potential and if they do not, then manually charge them.

You can leave them in, just disconnect the ground cable.

Sometimes u can leave the cables connected as long as their is no draw coming off of them.

If it's just car audio related items on the batts, you should be able to leave them connected.

Ok thanks I think they supposed to rest at 12.7 so if I do charge them I just disconnect the negs. Will it charge both at same time if I hook up the front one?

xs batts should rest no lower than 13.0v new.

If they aren't, you need to be charging them.

Heh, that's normal.  They must LEARN how to operate.

Go back and reread post #5.

that means you should inspect that they still rest at max potential and if they do not, then manually charge them.

You can leave them in, just disconnect the ground cable.

Sometimes u can leave the cables connected as long as their is no draw coming off of them.

If it's just car audio related items on the batts, you should be able to leave them connected.

would I just disconnect the front neg or does it have to be both?