1two3

switching rear co-axles to just mids?

heard from alot of guys that this would be the way to go. sq wise.  never really done too much research on this topic so i have a limited understanding how all this works. 

can i just swap the co axles for the mids? or do i need a crossover?

also i plan on switching my jbl gto 628 6.5's with crescendo pwx 6.5 mids. heard nothing but good things about em. all amped on a rf 400.2

Coaxials play the whole spectrum (minus sub ~80hz) those crescendos are just a mid, and will need a tweeter to go with it. You need to state your goals, budget, mounting locations, and what processing you have available so that we can point you in a better direction.

And I just noticed that this was for rears, skip them altogether and do a better front stage.

Coaxials play the whole spectrum (minus sub ~80hz) those crescendos are just a mid, and will need a tweeter to go with it. You need to state your goals, budget, mounting locations, and what processing you have available so that we can point you in a better direction.

was planing on running em without tweeters. co axles in the front and mids and subs in the back.  i was just looking at the price, for 60 bux i figured id give it a shot to see what they sound like.  

the mounting locations are in the trunk part of the cabin right beside my 2 15s, and no soundprossesing.

i figured if i get the 8 ohm drivers then it wont drown out the tweets but i also might not be able to hear em over the subs?

Don't waste your money.

you ninja you...

my car being a honda with factory co axles limits my options.  i dont want to do custom doors.  curently i have alpine type s's in the front but i would like something with more power handling that will actualy fit in the door

you ninja you...

my car being a honda with factory co axles limits my options.  i dont want to do custom doors.  curently i have alpine type s's in the front but i would like something with more power handling that will actualy fit in the door

Get a component set, what size is your stock front door speaker? You don't need custom doors to mount a tweeter. Anything that the rear speakers would produce in the rear deck would be terribly distorted by the subs, and frankly I don't like any rear speakers in my setups. And as a bonus removing the rear speakers will give the sub more ventilation into the cabin.

all speakers are 6.5's. id like to have components but i really dont think a beefy mid would fit in the door, and dont know where i would put the tweeter

Is this for your 2000 crv?

Is this for your 2000 crv?

you betcha

1two3, on 31 Jul 2013 - 21:08, said:

heard from alot of guys that this would be the way to go. sq wise. never really done too much research on this topic so i have a limited understanding how all this works.

can i just swap the co axles for the mids? or do i need a crossover?

also i plan on switching my jbl gto 628 6.5's with crescendo pwx 6.5 mids. heard nothing but good things about em. all amped on a rf 400.2

Time to revisit who you listen to. Since you state "sq wise" as a paramter you are being severely misled. The PWX's are awful for that purpose as are having anything connected in the rear.

Others asked budget, goals etc. above which are all necessary to help narrow things down.

Goals: in the future I plan on runing 2-3k to my 15s and porting them so I want something that sounds good and can still be heard over the sub's when I choose to blast it. I am considering a sound prosssesor somewhere down the road as well.

Budget: not really limited but also don't want to break the bank. I wouldn't mind spending 2-300$ on a nice set of speakers

It will all come down to your definition of "being heard" over the subs. If you used my definition then $300 won't cut it, not even close but I've seen others where $50 would have been enough.

In general to truly keep up, you will need to spend more $$ on your front stage than your subwoofers. Cone area helps make them win in this regard. Most people don't really care about that though and just want to hear words or what not.

It will all come down to your definition of "being heard" over the subs. If you used my definition then $300 won't cut it, not even close but I've seen others where $50 would have been enough.

In general to truly keep up, you will need to spend more $$ on your front stage than your subwoofers. Cone area helps make them win in this regard. Most people don't really care about that though and just want to hear words or what not.

I'm sure our definitions are worlds apart as I'm still fresh in the hobby. I'm happy with my type S's for now, but once I port my sub's and take out the back speakers I'm sure they won't be. I figured something around the 200rms power handling range. I really don't want to do custom door panels anytime soon to fit another set of speakers.

Any thoughts? Perhaps recommended speakers at that range?

m5 is right. 

I was in your shoes years ago...and 5 sets of components later, I went the DIY route. 

You have 2 15's in the trunk. 

It's going to take more than a 6.5 mid and 100 watts to balance it out. 

m5 is right. 

I was in your shoes years ago...and 5 sets of components later, I went the DIY route. 

You have 2 15's in the trunk. 

It's going to take more than a 6.5 mid and 100 watts to balance it out. 

i was afraid of this.  i think im just gonna play around with my current set up and not do any jurastic changes for a while. 

thanks guys.