speedfreak73

Autotek 220mxi, repair and use or sell broken???

I recently purchased a old school zed made Autotek 220mxi. The guy sold it cheap as he had no clue on car audio worth. The amp powered up and worked well for about 3 hours of moderate use. It was powering 2 RE Audio SE-X 12D4s. I had it wired at 2 ohm stereo mode (2 ohm load each channel) which I thought the amp could handle. I ran a good 4 gauge power wire and ground (knukonceptz) with a 60AMP inline fuse and the gain was at maybe 40% max. Bass on stereo set at 0, loudness on low setting.

After about 3 total hours of use spread out over 2 days it quit. When it died you could smell the "dead amp" smell of burnt electronics and it blew the inline fuse as well. Just for kicks I decided to put a new inline fuse in. It pops the fuse as soon as the system is powered on.

All of that being said, I am trying to decide whether to have zed repair the amp and give it another try or sell it as a parts unit and pick up something new. I didn't even really get a feel for what the amp is capable of as I didn't turn the system up much past half way. 

Opinions and comments would be appreciated.

Should look over all your wiring. If your blowing fuses that's the first place I would look.

Smashed, thanks for the reply. It is possible that you misunderstood my question. I know why the fuse blew, not trying to troubleshoot.

Just trying to decide on having the amp repaired or junking it and getting a new amp.

On 8/2/2013 at 11:36 PM, speedfreak73 said:

Smashed, thanks for the reply. It is possible that you misunderstood my question. I know why the fuse blew, not trying to troubleshoot.

Just trying to decide on having the amp repaired or junking it and getting a new amp.

Do you still have the autotek amp if so you want to sell it

Your first post and you bring a 5.5 year old thread back from the dead.  LOL!

Actually I’m just trying to find some of these amps and figured I’d at least ask if you still had it is all