Sign in to follow this  
Stephen93s10

How's the Hifonics Brutus 1700.1 D

I'm thinking about purchasing an Fi bl 15 or 12, and was wondering of anybody knows anything about the hifonics Brutus 1700, is it a good amp?

It's decent I guess, I had one years ago and it served me well. What is your budget, you can most likely do better.

I just bought one for my buddies set up.  I bought this amp to power a pre-09 SSD sealed, they are under rated IMO along with everything that comes from maxxsonics. 

My budget is 400$ and under, and looking for a 1500-2000 watt amp any other amps that you can think of. I actually changed my mind I'm going to run 2 Gcon 12 in a ported box.

I have a mmats 2100.1 amp is rated at 1550 rms.  I bought it in protection mode and mmats fixed and upgraded circuitry.  This is a bad ass amp as if now.  I have it running on 2 xs power 975s on stock alt 2004 Pontiac GP GT and its gotta be clamping 1900+ solid with 2.5 preout h/u. 

Msg me lets work out a price cause I'm trying to run this 3k that needs a new board...

Honestly, the Hifonics BRZ series is not that bad. If I were on a budget that's the first amp I would look at.

but there is a very fine line between the brutus amps and rated.  its like hifonics brz 1500d < sundown saz 1500.  ITs a budget amp...I heard they sell O2 audio at walmart now...is hifonics next?  could be.  I bought a 1700 hifonics amp to budget power a 750 watt sub.  Maxxsonics is weak and is sold sonicelectronix all day.  Don't ask if your buying sonix.

Edited by cloud77

http://www.db-r.com/sell/store2/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=65_67_69_110

It's a refurbished amp but is nothing short of a brand new one. I have a saz2500 from db-r and it's great. Runs just like a brand new one! Also comes with a 1 year warranty.

Sundown is better quality than hifonics.

but there is a very fine line between the brutus amps and rated.  its like hifonics brz 1500d < sundown saz 1500.  ITs a budget amp...I heard they sell O2 audio at walmart now...is hifonics next?  could be.  I bought a 1700 hifonics amp to budget power a 750 watt sub.  Maxxsonics is weak and is sold sonicelectronix all day.  Don't ask if your buying sonix.

seriously dude?

A 1700 hifonics for a 750 rms sub, really? I was going to use it to power 2 12 gcons which are rated for 750 rms each.So are you saying it wouldn't be enough for 2 Gcons to reach their full potential?

A 1700 hifonics for a 750 rms sub, really? I was going to use it to power 2 12 gcons which are rated for 750 rms each.So are you saying it wouldn't be enough for 2 Gcons to reach their full potential?

It absolutely would be enough, the reliability would be the issue. Nice choice on the subs by the way!

What about this model amp Kenwood-Kac-9105D-1800 watt it's only 170$?

What about this model amp Kenwood-Kac-9105D-1800 watt it's only 170$?

That is a 900 watt amp, not an 1800 watt amp. I would suggest a ppi bk 1300 or 1800 watt amp if you want to keep your cost low while still getting a nice powerful amp.

I had a buddy run a BRZ at. 5ohms for over a year now without issue. They are solid amps for sure! The PPI that Rick suggested wouldn't be all that bad either. Too bad jbl still doesn't have the collaboration with Crown, super cheap pretty bad ass amps

Ok thanks guys, what Do you guys think about 2 12" Gcons as far ass loudness and bass? 2 15s will not fit also.

In a proper setup they will be brutal.

Got any ideas where to buy a nice ported box at a good price, thought about building one, I got some ideas off you tube but idk.

If you can build it that will be your best bet, we can help you design it.

Please don't go off youtube ideas! Post a new thread and we can design you an awesome enclosure for YOUR needs

Ok Tomorow I'll figure out how much space I have to work with and post a new thread thanks.

• MMATS amps + success = great feeling.

Your just trying to get your amp sold. There is a section for that you know ;)

• MMATS amps + success = great feeling.

Your just trying to get your amp sold. There is a section for that you know wink.png

=]