swift

Had to get another truck

Just had to get back in a old truck.

Traded my 60 Biscayne for this well done 71 C10. It's a mild 355cu and a TH400 trans. All new interior, paint is only a couple years old. I was alittle unsure of the wheels but after having it a couple days and the reaction this truck gets I think I will just lower it more and leave it alone.

I really like this 70's muscle look.

Out with the old

2D462878-829B-4E62-887A-F832D7793A67-763

In with the new

null_zpsb2fb798a.jpg

null_zps5aaa9d4e.png

null_zps99e0ec0d.jpg

null_zps488e5cb5.jpg

null_zpse712aecd.jpg

null_zpsed52dfa9.jpg

Needs some sounds although the cam sounds killer in this truck. Looks like a head unit, 4 channel and components are in order.

Edited by swift

very sweet!

I liked the biscayne more, personally, but the truck looks solid!

I saw a pretty neat one when we got our camaro earlier this year

479696_10200324665268846_1900042549_n.jp

Oh dear God, I love those trucks.  My first vehicle was a '70 Chevy C10 Heavy Half with the '72 front end.  It was lowered, had custom roll pans front and rear, the tail lights were filled in, custom grill, dual working hood scoops, and the interior was all redone with suede and gator skin and it had bucket seats from a Lincoln Continental in it.  It had the tailgate with the thin aluminum trim piece on it but the center part where it said Chevrolet was cut out, had a red plastic lens in it and 10 tail/stop/turn lights mounted inside the tailgate.  It had the Aluminum Western Wheels on it that fit 295/50/15's all the way around.  My dad and I built up a 388 stroker for it, a 350 turbo trans and it had 4.23:1 gears in the ass end.  It didn't have much for top end but it could snap your neck on takeoff.  I used to have a lot of fun with new people in the truck cuz if I hit it just right their heads would hit the back glass, lol.  Not nice but it was fun at the time, dear God the stupid crap we do when we're young.

Take care of that truck, I love it!

All it needs are a set of tubs and a whipple.

WTF?  WHY?!!!!  You must be a truck guy.  Nice truck, but I much preferred the car.

Both are extremely nice vehicles. I've personally only had a handful of classics in my life. 72 nova Rally edition (396 stroked to 461 swap), 76 olds 88 (455), and my first car was an 83 buick lesabre :D. Of course my nova was just a beast that I bought on an impulse after watching a gentleman put it in the wall at the strip. Part of me wouldn't mind trying a truck out for once to be honest.

nice truck, but im with Ryan and ecromeans on this. that Biscayne was sexy!

WTF? WHY?!!!! You must be a truck guy. Nice truck, but I much preferred the car.

If you drove it or owned it you would know why. The Saginaw 3 speed was horrible, car was full of rust. All suspension needed redone, needed new cooling system, all glass needed replaced, and the electrical needed completely ripped out. Had original drum brakes all around, no power steering that was a bear to fight in that big ass car. I can find another one down the rode, just one alittle more refined. They guy wanter a 60's style rat rod and wanted it just like I did. But after having both and throwing money at things this truck fits me better.

I actually way be working a angle at a 65 Biscayne that is badass and done but we'll see.

Lowered it today about 3 inched all around. much better

null_zps7b191bd9.png

null_zps20c12da0.png

Edited by swift

Does look pretty nice dropped. Are this Crager wheels? Nice touch to a classic

Very nice!!!

Dang ... Nice Ride !!!

Looks like a '72 Chevy Grille ... I know the '70 was different, not too sure about the '71.

Oh I see what is throwing me off ... The Bumper is missing the signal / Marker lights, So I'm thinking the bumper is from a '70 ...

Awesome trick !!!

i dig it

tank still behind the seat?

I'm thinking so considering the gas cap is still in stock location ...

I say awesome move bro! I plan to be in search of a 72' (my birth year) to have fun with in the near future once child support falls off. I actually want to bag it to tuck & keep a fairly stock interior with a beast of a motor in it. Minimal sound just for cruising but more so for the nastalgia of my birth year. I'm excites to see if you put anymore work or mods into this current truck.

..........eagerly awaiting any and all changes!!! :)

one of the best trucks of all time,.  my uncle had an orange one when i was a kid and he was a teen.... good times!

Truck looks REALLY good.

awesome!!!... how did I miss this?

Can't go wrong with a 67-72 truck...best looking of them all IMO.  The Biscayne was a sweet ride, too.  Truck sounds great!