MikeMartel

Other Front Stage OptionsJ

Hey guys, I originally made a topic where I landed on the idea of running an 8" midbass paired along with a 3" fullrange.  After giving it a bunch of thought, because of the harsh drop off of the full rangers at higher frequencies (if not directly on axis with the listener.)  I don't think that this would be the best option for me.  I would prefer if both me and my passenger would be able to have the best listening experience.  Would this be best achieved by just a simple 6.5" and tweeter combination, or are there different options that might work best?  

Just looking for some advice, -Mike

How do you figure?  Its a perfectly acceptable question, and Its not like I have no idea what I'm talking about.

I didn't say you had no idea what you're talking about whatsoever. It's just a very complicated question with 10 million opinions.

Exactly, I know many options are available, but there are also many people on here who know there stuff about making cars sound well and Im sure they are willing to help :)

Well then Sean.. Do you have any useful suggestions? I'm willing to take a harder route in order to get some cleaner sound out of it.

A nice pic or two of the dash, doors, A-pillars, and kick pannel areas would help out here to see what install limitations / possibilities you have to work with ...

Best is subjective and so far, cleaner is all that you have given us. Cleaner can be done by eq'ing what you have...

skar components ! BOOm end thread

What are you concerned about rolling off?  Try it.  Chances are you can't even hear the frequencies you think you will be missing.

What are you running now ?? And how is it installed ??

Head unit ?? Drivers ?? Amplified ??

Just as an fyi

What are you concerned about rolling off?  Try it.  Chances are you can't even hear the frequencies you think you will be missing.

Hell I do most of my listening on 4" full rangers. Even worse for that, but god damn they sound great. Helps that they are ported and perfectly on axis sitting on my desk, but nonetheless I have no desire to upgrade.

Just as an fyi

What are you concerned about rolling off? Try it. Chances are you can't even hear the frequencies you think you will be missing.

Hell I do most of my listening on 4" full rangers. Even worse for that, but god damn they sound great. Helps that they are ported and perfectly on axis sitting on my desk, but nonetheless I have no desire to upgrade.

We had an 18 wheeler for Mardi Gras that used Fishman arrays that housed 5.25's and a compression tweeter. I think there was 8 under the trailer. It was so ducking loud the bass would vibrate your cloths from 50 feet away.

My Fonteks are not perfectly on axis and I don't feel I am missing out on the top end.

I mounted my horns slightly out the door for demos so when the doors are closed they reflect. A little time alignment and separate eq settings go a long way for me.

I'd love to try a setup with an 8" midbass and a small full range speaker in my own car !

Maybe one day...

But I'm still satisfied with what I have now :)  :) No need to change.

I'm going with new EJS Audio Ultra Horns under the dash and Faital Pro 8PR200's ported to 69Hz in the kicks.

I'm going with new EJS Audio Ultra Horns under the dash and Faital Pro 8PR200's ported to 69Hz in the kicks.

Link to horns?

You mention new and I have just not seen any new horns as of lately is why i ask. Almost all used.

Edited by nadcicle

Link to horns?

You mention new and I have just not seen any new horns as of lately is why i ask. Almost all used.

No links to them. I just call Eric and order em. His new stuff won't be officially available for another 6-8 months.

Edit: Still saving up the cash to buy em though. Got a bunch of stuff for sale but I keep forgetting to take photos with my screen name on them to post em. Guess I'll work on that tonight.

Edited by gprestonmoto

Link to horns?

No links to them. I just call Eric and order em. His new stuff won't be officially available for another 6-8 months.

Original iD guy right? one that made the ID mini ultras? Can you PM me how much you get the bodies for. I can get my own drivers TBH.

Link to horns?

Original iD guy right? one that made the ID mini ultras? Can you PM me how much you get the bodies for. I can get my own drivers TBH.

Yea sure. Minis right? Not full size? Zip code?

Edited by gprestonmoto

Link to horns? You mention new and I have just not seen any new horns as of lately is why i ask. Almost all used.

Bodies for $180 before shipping, just email Eric if you have any questions, eric@ejsaudio.com

Link to horns?

Yea sure. Minis right? Not full size? Zip code?

Yah mini's. Really only thing that'll fit under my passenger side 97 Suburban without modification

Link to horns? You mention new and I have just not seen any new horns as of lately is why i ask. Almost all used.

Bodies for $180 before shipping, just email Eric if you have any questions, eric@ejsaudio.com

Thank you!