MikeMartel

Other Front Stage OptionsJ

Hmmm, Teric you got me thinking about horns again now, damn you!

Well.. M5 says I won't have to worry about the roll off. So I'll stick with the same plan

Hmmm, Teric you got me thinking about horns again now, damn you!

Well Eric says the Selenium D220Ti probably won't fit without modification. I got to thinking to myself at that point.. Isn't anything to do with horns considered modification? lol

Why not go horns at this point? It really is an awesome way to get extremely loud without a lot of effort. Sure you still need a good thump in the door, but you don't need a smaller mid or a tweet. Why the hell not? Common do it! Don't be a bitch lmfao!

A horn is way more complex than an enclosure. I wouldn't buy a prefab box and most certainly wouldn't try to piece together a HLCD

Far from trivial to eq as well.

Mike, the rolloff isn't a concern but you may run out of dynamic capability.  Most 3's aren't exactly output machines as they have low power ratings and low sensitivities.  I don't know your listening habits as you described looking for options and not what/why you wanted to do something.  Horns will rape FRs in output, even hefty arrays of FRs.  Exactly why starting with needs/desires comes first.

A horn is way more complex than an enclosure. I wouldn't buy a prefab box and most certainly wouldn't try to piece together a HLCD

Huh, I understand what you're saying but the ID horns are essentially D2500ti seleniums to begin with (which parts express doesn't look to have in stock any longer) and the D220ti seems to have similar specs. Please elaborate on why you wouldn't want to piece these together. Sure you need a cheap 8 dollar adapter, but that's change compared to what you're already spending. Hell they even use the exact same diaphragm for that matter.

They are essentially the same as the Alpine X is the same as Scan Speak? Or are they the same speaker? Any type of frequency responses available of the raw drivers to compare?

I use the same cone on my Ethos as SSA Icon and a IA Warden but that doesn't mean they are the same.

They are essentially the same as the Alpine X is the same as Scan Speak? Or are they the same speaker? Any type of frequency responses available of the raw drivers to compare?

I use the same cone on my Ethos as SSA Icon and a IA Warden but that doesn't mean they are the same.

I actually meant the 2500 is the same driver period diaphragm and motor and all. The D220ti is only the same diaphragm, but has a different motor because as we all know neo became so expensive. Same frequencies between the two neo drivers too.

Of course the Ethos is the same as the Icon & Warden.  Duh!  Haven't you read the other thread?

More seriously.  One parameter does make a speaker.  Everything does.  Sure you can half bake anything, but don't expect even reasonable results if you keep making assumptions like you are.