Stephen93s10

15" SSA Xcon or 15" Fi Bl

Which would have deeper and louder bass, which would you choose? I just can't decide on which subs to choose. Either would be in a ported enclosure, also will a 15" sub respond fast enough for classic rock music? Thanks.

That will be more dependent on the box not the sub or the size of the sub. Why do you keep making all of these threads?

Flip a coin they are both great subs.

Because there are so many good subs and I just don't know what to choose. Either 2 good 12s or 1 badass 15.

Because there are so many good subs and I just don't know what to choose. Either 2 good 12s or 1 badass 15.

Either option will be fine, the 12's have a cone area advantage.

The response of larger subs being slower than smaller subs is a myth. The response has to do with the box. Both get loud and sound amazing, but I am a little bias with me owning a Xcon.

Both are excellent values, both are made in the USA.  They are intended for slightly different goals.  My bias will affect my vote. 

Just based on what I have demod in the field ... If I ever go back to larger SPL drivers, It will have SSA on it somewhere !!!

Just saying ...

What are the "goals" with these two subwoofers that makes the different?

SSA, so get the Xcon!

What are the "goals" with these two subwoofers that makes the different?

Yes read about this in another thread, what are those goals?

Clean, want it to be really deep and loud, also for daily use in a ported enclosure

Why would a 15 not keep up with classic rock. My 4 18s keep up with metal just fine

my bl was great i dont have any experience ion the x con subs though so i dont know about that 

It should be fairly obvious that the Fi BL is a great choice when it comes to very high output daily driver and some SPL competition set up's, being the lesser expensive Fi alternative to a BTL N2 especially seeing how close it is to the old BTL.  Not to mention the options available to adjust it to the customers needs.  

The Xcon is a great choice for SQ biased installs that want some strong output if they throw some higher power at it.  This topic has kind of been discussed more than a couple of times since both drivers were on the market.

Biased Opinion here. XCON

I will do the exact opposite of the guys running SSA gear.

I currently run an Fi Sp4 18" and in my setup it sounds phenomenal, but i'd probably recommend the SSA variant due to the community around here. There's only a single active dude from Fi floating around here where as you see tons of the SSA guys around to tell you what you did wrong.

I will do the exact opposite of the guys running SSA gear. I currently run an Fi Sp4 18" and in my setup it sounds phenomenal, but i'd probably recommend the SSA variant due to the community around here. There's only a single active dude from Fi floating around here where as you see tons of the SSA guys around to tell you what you did wrong.

That shouldn't sway your vote, if you knew why there is one active dude from Fi on this forum then you would understand why. Fi is a very, very busy place.

I will do the exact opposite of the guys running SSA gear. I currently run an Fi Sp4 18" and in my setup it sounds phenomenal, but i'd probably recommend the SSA variant due to the community around here. There's only a single active dude from Fi floating around here where as you see tons of the SSA guys around to tell you what you did wrong.

That shouldn't sway your vote, if you knew why there is one active dude from Fi on this forum then you would understand why. Fi is a very, very busy place.

Still doesn't change the fact that that SSA has more of a community. I stated both pieces as my opinion. Trust me it'll be hard to sway my opinion on this matter. It's obviously not about the sub since same build house and all. It's that piece of mind knowing you have people standing behind their product and a place to come talk about it. I've seen a bias towards SSA for sure around here. Look at the build logs and you'll see that, but it's common amongst car audio enthusiast's to back their own product more than others. What would you expect anywhere else? I guess that's why you don't see many DC, RF, or any other builds here for that matter.

Also Is Fi still producing the Btl model? I went on their website and the closest I saw appeared to be the Bl.

Also Is Fi still producing the Btl model? I went on their website and the closest I saw appeared to be the Bl.

Fi is not currently making the btl.

They stopped producing the btl. Can sometimes find them used.