Sign in to follow this  
kappa546

MAGNUM 15 CAME IN!!

Cool stuff! You might want to try and take the picture of the coil through the spider vents again. Seeing the coil that way is pretty neat. :) I'm glad it got there fine.

You might want to try and take the picture of the coil through the spider vents again.

I was staring at that big COPPER coil for like an hour!! Love it!

Damn, it looks like copper. Oh well. What is that on there, some type of varnish? That's what we used on big electric motors when we got through rewinding the coils. I would imagine it is similar.

Yep, it's coated aluminum - just like it states on our web page. We reduced the moving mass quite a bit going to aluminum windings. And you can ask just about anyone that knows me, I love light Mms's. :)

Ha Ha! Got my second one today!! Thanks Nick!

Hey Nick,

I was just wondering, how many 15" were produced in the first run ? And did you ever shipped one to Quebec, Canada. Because I'm wondering if there is anyone that has one over here ;)

MAx

curious to how many were produced too. Will you continue to make them or is it till they are gone then their gone? Cause I will be wanting to order a second in a month or so.

Production numbers will not be released. After we sell out of these 15's (or get really close to it) we will be ordering more 15's. So far I've only shipped one 15" to Canada. There are multiple 1st-gen 12's up there, but only one 15" that I know of or that I can think of right now.

Nice to know :) It ease things if someone steal my system. Being about the only one to own a 15" in Canada for now, there should not be a high number in Quebec. SI is still unknown here which is a good thing for the customers, but it won't last long I guess ;)