mrray13

1968 camaro

here it is. after about an hour we located the problem. teh starter wire had laid up next to the long tube tri-y headers and melted, causing it to short out.

here's a car made by an audio shop, pretty good install, some clearance issues, looked over by several mechanics, and all that is wrong with it was the starter wire...lol....oh well...we got paid for the repaires..

enjoy the pics....

one the sexiest amps of all time

and there ya have it. the best part of this car, other then the crown, is the airbrushed chrome trim. it's absolutely beautiful. but there are some issues with the car. one airline leaks a bit, there is some rust starting to bubble up under the black just at the bottom of the rear window, the dash has to chips that were touched up poorly, the aforementioned clearance problems and the doors sag enough that the airbrushed trim doesn't line up anymore. the owner thinks this car will bring $80k at barret-jackson. when some people dream, they dream big!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I love it.

The color combo is great :)

The attention to detail is awesome (orange wiring, etc).

beautiful, but god i hate that color combo.

Uhmm.....

Why are only 1 coil on each sub hooked up ?

And drilling through the sub basket is a no no in my book

Do the speakers even sound good mounted infront of the seat like that ?

I like the car and the effort on the install, but it is funny to me to see subs with asses like that mounted IB and the front imaging setup so unusual. I wouldn't like the Orange, except since it was popular and near stock at the time. Fitting for the car, and the addition of the black helps tame down the orange. I am not much of a Chevy guy, but have always liked that era of Camaro's. I'd way rather have Ramos's muscle car any day though.

one the sexiest amps of all time 

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Hey, that looks familiar.

Elias, the piece that is drilled is nothing more than a magnet cover. As for the coils, there are small jumpers provided by JBL that go from one contact to the other and are not visible. Thew only way you know they are there is if you installed them.

They'd be lucky to bring $30K from that thing.

hmm, i do like the paint, and of course the body style

but there are quite a few other little things i'd definitely change about it

the imaging is actually pretty good. the mids mounted in front of the seats are actually coaxils and the tweeters look look phase plugs. another interesting thing is that there is an 10" sub mounted under the front passanger side of the dash. so the sub stage is just about everywhere.

also, i like the harley color combo. especially with the chrome accent. i need to get a close up of that part of it, as that is what really makes it snap. the emblem on the front quarters is also airbrushed.

there is indeed alot of effort and time in this car. it just needs a little TLC to clean it back up and maybe tie it all together just a bit better.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

attractive and different