nem

SSA VW Beetle

Nice. Can't wait for my Son to get older so I can teach him how to work on cars and build things with his hands.

Thank you and it is fun teaching kids fun stuff. smile.png

I designed and was in the process of building him a shelf for all his puzzles, books and hot wheels today. Wishing he was about 10 years older so I could teach him how. He still does what he can with me though. I try to teach him quite a bit.

Nice. Can't wait for my Son to get older so I can teach him how to work on cars and build things with his hands.

I designed and was in the process of building him a shelf for all his puzzles, books and hot wheels today. Wishing he was about 10 years older so I could teach him how. He still does what he can with me though. I try to teach him quite a bit.

Don't wish those years away too fast because before you know it they are 18 and moving out.

Don't wish those years away too fast because before you know it they are 18 and moving out.

Yes, I am finding this out quickly too. He is almost 3 already, with another one due in May. It seems like just yesterday my dad was teaching me everything I know.

Alright here is a little up date. I purchased a cheap VW scanner and to my suprise it worked very well.

The car kept on throwing cooling issue codes once the weather got cold. With this $34 scanner I was able to reset the airbag light and it also pointed me to a thermostat fault. Replaced that and 300 miles later not one code for any thing.

Another known code pain for VW is the radio, with this scanner I am able to read every system the car has and clear the bullshit codes because people tried to program certain features in the car, like how it locks and when it locks, windows up and widows down. Who would have thought a radio could cause such nonsense. Glad I torn that sucker out and returned very thing to the factory preset.

SO if someone were to get a Beetle and experience issues like this go buy this scanner on Amazon, you will not be sorry.

IMAG0179.jpg

hmm glad I am keeping up with this thread. Definitely will look into getting one for my car. Good job so far Neal.

hmm glad I am keeping up with this thread. Definitely will look into getting one for my car. Good job so far Neal.

Thanks, what do you have?

Dang, that is one lucky girl !! I wish my pops was a basshead lol that would be Badass.

Not sure how I missed the radio install....but can't go wrong with Pioneer in my mind. 

Great deal for the VAG code tool.  they are dang near a nessesity(sp) now a days.

Spent a couple hours details the Beetle today. My daughter is in my inlaws car club and they are doing a parade and cruze in tomorrow.

Looks pretty sweet.

DSC02255.jpg

DSC02256.jpg

DSC02257.jpg

DSC02258.jpg

DSC02259.jpg

DSC02260.jpg

clean Bug! though I was all excited to see some audio upgrades.  It is screaming for a Bpillar wall and 2 15" evils.LOL

clean Bug! though I was all excited to see some audio upgrades.  It is screaming for a Bpillar wall and 2 15" evils.LOL

No audio yet, I have to get the 4runner done first. It is on the list. :)

coolugh.gifcoolugh.gif