Sign in to follow this  
Budah93

Finally got the SSDs

Sold the sa15s and got a pair of Fi SSDs and must say i'm slightly disappointed. The lows are far better with the fis but the sundowns were far "louder" than the fi's. The box is build to spec and I tuned the amp up and they just can't keep up with the sundowns. I think i'm going to try to trade the ssds and cash for a pair of level 4s.

Subs have 2 different goals that's why you get 2 different results.

I know I was just giving my review on the subs so far and what I think compared to my sundowns. I'm gonna let these subs "break in" before i make any decisions though

wonder if you tuned it properly.... box specs after sound ... so output is not a comparison

The subs have broken in a bit now and are far louder and better sounding than my sa15s, the low notes on these are crazy!

The SSD's are great subs.

Sold the sa15s and got a pair of Fi SSDs and must say i'm slightly disappointed. The lows are far better with the fis but the sundowns were far "louder" than the fi's. The box is build to spec and I tuned the amp up and they just can't keep up with the sundowns. I think i'm going to try to trade the ssds and cash for a pair of level 4s.

The subs have broken in a bit now and are far louder and better sounding than my sa15s, the low notes on these are crazy!

Wow, that was a complete 180, lol.

Any chance you can give a more detailed review of the differences you're hearing and what you like/dislike about the two sets?  It would be a far more helpful review for those reading on this than the one liners you've given so far.

Glad to hear you're liking the Fi's!

:) :) 

I know I used the L word but the first day I had the ssds they weren't hitting nearly as hard or sounding as crisp as my sundowns. I drove around a bit playing different tracks and then out of now where they "came alive" they have great range, especially lows) the sound quality is phenomenal they are taking every watt i'm throwing on them. I loved my sundowns but these might be my next love!

I had a friend who ran 2 12" SA-12s.

Still wasn't louder than my single SSD 18". The SSD series are louder than Sundown Audio's SA series, for sure.

My SSD 18" is even louder or just as loud as the single 18" Zv3 he had also. He had me beat for a while, but when I more than doubled power to a SAX-1200d it was muchhhhh louder.

SSDs are great subs.

Edited by hatrix

I had the same development with my Q18. When I first got it the thing was kinda flat sounding but after it warmed up a few times it sprung to action literally. I dont think I will stray from Fi's subs.