Sign in to follow this  
Quentin Jarrell

"Primo" subwoofer updated with heat ring

Everybody's all celebrating Ethos performance,

3qvbqk.jpg

Wow

Any info on a price range at the current time?

Any info on a price range at the current time?

I would assume +/- a few "As long as prices stay the same I plan on releasing the Beta version which uses open tooled soft parts for $375 shipped for the 12 inch."

I'm just quoting the past, so I could be off. 

I like the design goals for this driver, small enclosure with a low and shallow roll-off. Does this mean that the maximum SPL capability of this design will suffer compared to your Ethos?

If I understand correctly the Ethos is a "ground pounder" type sub which performs well in smaller enclosure sizes and the Primo is more of an SQ orientated subwoofer which excels in smaller enclosures with great low end extension. 

Will you please share what the full line-up of drivers are the you will be designing along with their corresponding goals?

SPL will suffer due to lower Xmax

Take a look at the pinned Ethos parameters thread you will see that recommended enclosures will play into the twenties.

I won't go into everything that I have going on as that might change but as of now the DSS stuff will be like the Ethos. Only thing will change is Xmax and power handling. Besides that I have the Magnetar sample that has a retarded amount of motor force used in an SPL application and still very stout motor force for daily.

I will get a pair of these when available, but don't confuse the Ethos as an SPL driver and the Primo as an SQ driver. I'll be running a single 15 Ethos, it's an SQ driver that discovered Dianabol.