Sign in to follow this  
RF-ChipmunK

06 Charger - Fi, AQ, SHCA.....more to come!

So this will be my second build log on this forum.  I don't think I took as many pictures this time either.

But here we go, here is what was originally in the car.

Had this Fi BL for over 4 years now, I say its a 2008 model but I am not really for sure.  Surround is messed up but the main thing, the coil is still clean. 

null-44.jpg

null-42.jpg

Box was given to me, tuning was ~40hz (eww) with sub installed.  Had running on the RF-T1500bdCP I bought until I put in the truck, had it slamming though.

null-54.jpg

null-56.jpg

^^^^^^Yes I love 5-minute amp racks!!!! It's in the next pic too with a new paint job. LOL

Then I broke out my Memphis MC 1.1100, was still slamming, just wasn't getting LOW, like I like because of the box, so you know what time it is.

null-66.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Box building time. Specs are 6 cuft gross, 4.2 cuft net @ 33 hz.

null-103.jpg

null-101.jpg

null-102.jpg

null-100.jpg

null-99.jpg

^^^^^^Tool we came up with to mark a circle with, kept for future use too.

null-97.jpg

null-95.jpg

Then we installed and put the Memphis on the seat so it could see the sub laughing at it. LOL

null-105.jpg

null-91.jpg

Got a little bit of sound deadener going in for under the rear seat to trunk area and the trunk lid.  And yes, sorry I like AQ/SQ.

null-94.jpg

Almost forgot BIG 3!!!  I didn't take any pictures of the back because everything is under the trunk floor.  Will do when I rebuild one more time for mids/highs. But the rear is done in the same wire as the front, KNU 1/0 Kollosus Flex, and I have a new neg batt terminal (CE Auto Electric Supply). Here are front pics. I solder all 1/0.

null-75.jpg

null-76.jpg

null-77.jpg

null-74.jpg

Now for the new amp install and actual speaker wires for box.

null-80.jpg

^^^^^^^Everything ripped out.

null-82.jpg

^^^^^U know its bad when you have to go to the parts house for audio supplies because your crappy monopoly of a audio shop doesn't know why I would need a dozen at a time.  I should have took a pic of the crap they gave me and charged $6 for.  Got these for $5.

null-79.jpg

^^^^^Dropping sub in and getting wires right.

null-93.jpg

New amp, well to me anyway picked this up off DEMO in the for sale section.

null-90.jpg

null-89.jpg

Sky High Car Audio 1/0 for the amp.

null-85.jpg

null-84.jpg

Test Fitting my amp rack and the amp.

null-86.jpg

null-87.jpg

The Amp Rack I fabbed up, this one actually took 15 mins LOL.

null-81.jpg

BAM!!! Clean as hell. Well to me it is.

null-73.jpg

Let me know what you guys think. 

I like it. How does it sound?

Pretty decent and flat response but pounds 35 and below. Kinda sad to say the AQ didn't really surprise me with power output but then again my electrical isn't up to par for it in my mind.

Good Job!

box turned out looking good. what kind of vehicle by chance? im interested in measurements if possible ive got a sp4 15 in a lincoln mark 8 and my box is like yours height wise. made it as short as possibly and still had to kick and pull and force mine in

Nicee! Are you going to carpet/paint the box? Also since its facing forward, are you gonna seal it off?

Nicee! Are you going to carpet/paint the box? Also since its facing forward, are you gonna seal it off?

Yes all will be done when I have the nads to seal it LOL. Any pointers?

box turned out looking good. what kind of vehicle by chance? im interested in measurements if possible ive got a sp4 15 in a lincoln mark 8 and my box is like yours height wise. made it as short as possibly and still had to kick and pull and force mine in

Dodge Charger

16"h x 32"w x 25"d

What I did was jus measure the distance from the box to the side and then up. Cut a wood to that measurements and if it curves on the top like mine then take your piece you cut and hold it up next to the box and use a pencil to trace the curve.

I don't know if that make sense, but if it doesn't I can take a buch of pics showing you what I mean!

What I did was jus measure the distance from the box to the side and then up. Cut a wood to that measurements and if it curves on the top like mine then take your piece you cut and hold it up next to the box and use a pencil to trace the curve.

I don't know if that make sense, but if it doesn't I can take a buch of pics showing you what I mean!

Yes I would like an example to look at.

I'm on vacation till next week so I can then!

Nice !

Did you feel a change between the RF 1500 and the AQ 2200 ?

Can't say because the 1500 was used when sub was in different box.

However, now in my truck on a 12" fi BL @ 31 hz it does seem to be louder. And I hate to say that because those systems are not very similar.