So today I replaced my 2 12'' Memphis c3's with a Xcon 15. I've been eyeballing this sub for a while but never had the funds to snag one. I ended up pulling the trigger, but with some hesitation. I didn't want to sacrifice any output moving from 12's to a single 15 and running the same amp. Well, after building a massive 5.75 cubic foot ported box tuned to 32 hz... my mind Is truly blown. I have my sub level at -15 out of 20 on my deck and this thing hits twice as hard as my Memphis c3's, on the same power. Sounds lightyears better ahead of those things also. I really am pissed that I didn't buy my xcon sooner... if your even contemplating buying this... don't waste another second. oh and im only running 1100 rms to this thing... scary to think what more would do. Thanks SSA, and everyone who helped guide me to buying this. I can't whipe this damn smile off my face now.

I do have a question/concern tho...

being the greedy little bastage I am, am I sacrificing any SQ/Output from going larger than optimal on my box?

Dimensions are 38w x 18h x 18d tuned to 32hz

Will post pics tomorrow, thanks SSA!

So today I replaced my 2 12'' Memphis c3's with a Xcon 15. I've been eyeballing this sub for a while but never had the funds to snag one. I ended up pulling the trigger, but with some hesitation. I didn't want to sacrifice any output moving from 12's to a single 15 and running the same amp. Well, after building a massive 5.75 cubic foot ported box tuned to 32 hz... my mind Is truly blown. I have my sub level at -15 out of 20 on my deck and this thing hits twice as hard as my Memphis c3's, on the same power. Sounds lightyears better ahead of those things also. I really am pissed that I didn't buy my xcon sooner... if your even contemplating buying this... don't waste another second. oh and im only running 1100 rms to this thing... scary to think what more would do. Thanks SSA, and everyone who helped guide me to buying this. I can't whipe this damn smile off my face now.

I do have a question/concern tho...

being the greedy little bastage I am, am I sacrificing any SQ/Output from going larger than optimal on my box?

Dimensions are 38w x 18h x 18d tuned to 32hz

Will post pics tomorrow, thanks SSA!

Depends on your port. You say that your enclosure is 5.75, but that is gross not net. Net volume after all displacements is what you should be worried about. Post all of your dimensions including port height, width, and length and I can better answer your question. Welcome to SSA, and nice choice on the sub!

Xcons are badass subs. My 12 is loud as ballssss

Also i just noticed air shooting out around where the sub is mounted, i guess i should take it out and re-mount it? Thanks, input is appreciated im somewhat new to this

Ive had mine for over 2 months now. I used to feel the cone on my rlp18 get pretty hot after a nice 1 hour music session. My new xcon barely feels warm to the touch.

Also i just noticed air shooting out around where the sub is mounted, i guess i should take it out and re-mount it? Thanks, input is appreciated im somewhat new to this

Yes you should try to remount it, the only place that air should be escaping is the port. The box should be fine just make sure that your gain and ssf are set properly.

Ok, my friend said sometimes the gaskets are a little uneven and i should try using weather stripping. What do yall think?

filling in the previous holes would be a good idea even if you are trying to use the same ones, you may miss one.

Sounds like a box assembly problem I'd take it back to the builder asap as leaking air is a big problem

Wrap around gaskets can be problematic on bare wood. If it is only leaking around the sub get some 1/4 inch thick foam from the hardware store and stick around the baffle cut out.

Wrap around gaskets can be problematic on bare wood. If it is only leaking around the sub get some 1/4 inch thick foam from the hardware store and stick around the baffle cut out.

Yea only leaks around the sub, thanks Im gunna do that. Appreciate all the feedback guys

Thanks for picking the Xcon. :)

So im buulding a box to specs today... do you guys think the 45s are crucial?

Crucial no, but I always use them. Make sure you brace it properly.

They can help the air flow but your box won't suffer without them.

They can help the air flow but your box won't suffer without them.

So im buulding a box to specs today... do you guys think the 45s are crucial?

Crucial no, but I always use them. Make sure you brace it properly.

Listen to these guys. :)

Aight guys, came out lookin good, sounding better.

Looks good. :)