Sign in to follow this  
Stephen93s10

Which subs should I go with

So, lately Ive been asking a lot of questions about subs that I've been interested in. I've narrowed down the subs to just two choices 2 Sundown SA-12s or 2 Fi SSD 12s. After purchasing the subs I plan to build a ported enclosure and purchase an amp. I want loud subs with deep bass. Tell me which subs you

would go with and why. Also if you'd have

experience with either subs. Also would like to

purchase an amp under 300$ that's 1200-2000 watts any suggestions. Thanks.

It's all about your box for deep bass and being loud my current box is 4.3 cu ft I ran it with two type s's and did a 134.8 on music using white girl and did a 137.1 on 40hz

i would go with the sa 12s because there cheaper and you can get a small extra battery or something so you dont have lights dimming I also think the box is going to be the biggest factor in this build i think either way you go there going to be pretty close on sound and i would cruise around on an amp and check some classifieds also and find one you like 

After all that, what happened to the Gcon's?

He's putting them in a 98 extended cab s10.

Sa12s are a bit cheaper, made in china. You get them ASAP.

SSD's are custom built for you here in the US. Gotta wait a bit buy Fi quality is worth it IMO.

I run sa12s. Come over to my house Stephen, ill show you what they can do. If I had to do it again I would go SSD for the slight power handling difference and the fact I've never really heard a Fi in a good box sound bad. Love Fi quality.

After all that, what happened to the Gcon's?

Gcon made in US also, slight power handling increase over SA's and customer service is top notch. Tough choices cousin.

It's just personal choice, but I'd get an ICON or an ssd.

The Icon is an amazing sub !

Hey, if you want to get a used sub, you can even find bigger ones like Xcons or Bls.

There are so much good deals on the classified section....Take a look first.

Go with the SA-12s.  I have heard the SSA Zcon 12 and it sounds really good on low power but I am a Sundown guy.  SSA GCON would be my second choice though

Zcon 15 on a used crescendo bc2k or db-r sundown saz1500. With big box and plenty of port area. That'd be a winner!