Briggiboy33

bass reconstruction processor?

Hey guys I've been looking into getting a bass reconstruction processor. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with these and which one I should get. I can not afford the epicenter before its reccomended.. but if you guys could give me advice before I purchase I would really appreciate it.

What are you trying to achieve?

I bought a maxxsonics mx3 few years ago.. Never really did it for me. It did change the way the bass sounded but I could never get what I wanted from it

zed ra

Recommending a product is useless if we don't know why you need it. This product is pointless unless you listen to a lot of old recordings, play spanish music or have an enclosure that's a one note wonder. I had the Epic center for over 6 years and used it mostly for the mic and volt meter. Some songs it might help but must of them it completely changed the sound for worse.

Well I was hoping to just get more consistent bass from all of my songs. Like some of them sound like they should have bass and just don't. Or the bass is much more quiet then I would have expected. But sound stream has a bunch of them for like $60 bucks. And I figured if they are actually any good then why not? But if I do buy one I want it to actually work well with good sound quality

I wouldn't buy it for $60 buts just me personally. I would look at enclosure or current settings before dropping cash on anything.

Alright well I appreciate the help guys. And it seems like this type of processor would make the music sound weird or something. So I think I'm going to pass on getting one.

are you still rocking cassette tapes? on a cd or digital media there is absolutely no need for a reconstruction processor of any type besides equalizers and x-overs of course

Alright. I was looking into buying an equalizer as well. One with knobs that I could mount next to my seat. So I could try and clean up my door speakers a little bit. I currently have a clarion cx501 head unit.

Just about every EQ I've installed besides Rane has introduced noise into the system. Would it not be cost affective to purchase a pioneer and sell your current head unit?

I agree, get a new headunit

Just about every EQ I've installed besides Rane has introduced noise into the system. Would it not be cost affective to purchase a pioneer and sell your current head unit?

Good point. Noticed that myself. Glad to know I'm not the only one.

Aren't tapes considered digital? 

If the bass is too quite on some songs, you need more sub stage. 

Only if he has a DAT.

If the bass is too quite on some songs, you need more sub stage.

Umm, no. Better recordings or different music. No such thing as stage when it comes to subs either...unless of course you have them in a stereo pair up front.

Those processors aren't meant to restore bass or reconstruct bass, they are meant to add bass where it doesn't exist. Confusing to me why you'd want bassless music with bass.

And OP, why even add an EQ or replace your HU? "Clean up" is not something an EQ can do. If you have an anomaly to tame or pull down then perhaps. Most people fall into the more adjustments is better and end up with worse sound.

Only if he has a DAT.

>If the bass is too quite on some songs, you need more sub stage.

Umm, no. Better recordings or different music. No such thing as stage when it comes to subs either...unless of course you have them in a stereo pair up front.

Those processors aren't meant to restore bass or reconstruct bass, they are meant to add bass where it doesn't exist. Confusing to me why you'd want bassless music with bass.

And OP, why even add an EQ or replace your HU? "Clean up" is not something an EQ can do. If you have an anomaly to tame or pull down then perhaps. Most people fall into the more adjustments is better and end up with worse sound.

I knew your reply would be attacking mine lol. 

There's reasons why some people modify music. They feel there should be more bass in certain songs or mid or highs..... I've come across numerous songs where I didn't like how they were mastered. Highs and lows. Better recordings? Most anything you download now is 320kbps or 256kbps sample rates. To go beyond that, you need the original format which isn't always available. That being said, 320kbps is fine for most people, which most people can't even hear the difference between 256 and 320, I believe I do and the difference from 320 to lossless. Also, substage has been adopted as a term just like SQL has. They're both there, they're both commonly used so deal with it. 

So ummm, yes, more substage if you want more out of certain songs. That's why I use an LC-1. 

As I said - different music. Also didn't say can't be done, but it is confusing to me why it is desirable to add bass to naturally bassless music. Unlike yourself I highlighted where this proc "could" be used while at the same time adding the confusion to it's purpose. People buy shit because they are confused all the time, don't want the OP to do that.

Blind A/B there is NO WAY you can hear 256 to 320. I bet you can even tell a 192. Of course you will have to truly listen blind to find out.

As for the stage in sub, only people who are completely confused or can't figure shit out use it. Copying someone who is confused says something about the person doing the copying now doesn't it?

And yeah, you knew I'd post something about your post but not because of you because of the content. Keep fishin sad.png

As I said - different music. Also didn't say can't be done, but it is confusing to me why it is desirable to add bass to naturally bassless music. Unlike yourself I highlighted where this proc "could" be used while at the same time adding the confusion to it's purpose. People buy shit because they are confused all the time, don't want the OP to do that.

Blind A/B there is NO WAY you can hear 256 to 320. I bet you can even tell a 192. Of course you will have to truly listen blind to find out.

As for the stage in sub, only people who are completely confused or can't figure shit out use it. Copying someone who is confused says something about the person doing the copying now doesn't it?

And yeah, you knew I'd post something about your post but not because of you because of the content. Keep fishin sad.png

It wasn't just "bassless" music... It's music where perhaps the bass is "weak" and desire to have more added to it. No way I can hear it? Glad you know what I can and can't hear lol. 

I like the Ra, however it's not a restoration processor.

http://www.zedaudiocorp.com/index.php/products/ra/item/ra.html

To me it's just an ass saver. Since music is so dynamic, I like having control of everything up front. ie some song hits hard as balls and the sub starts straining, I can adjust accordingly.