slim142

What happens when the box is ported and TOO big?

Guys

So I went to the shop and in a very friendly mood I told them bass was non-existant. They took the car inside the shop for a little over an hour and the guy was like "listen to it now".

Holy crap what a world difference! Now it actually slams! He said that some cables were "broken" and signal was weak/not-flowing.

I think it might have to do with my speaker signal cable. A few months ago whenever I would turn left/right, the speakers would go off. Whatever it was, it took them over an hour to fix it but now it hits and hard! Im really happy now.

Guys

So I went to the shop and in a very friendly mood I told them bass was non-existant. They took the car inside the shop for a little over an hour and the guy was like "listen to it now".

Holy crap what a world difference! Now it actually slams! He said that some cables were "broken" and signal was weak/not-flowing.

I think it might have to do with my speaker signal cable. A few months ago whenever I would turn left/right, the speakers would go off. Whatever it was, it took them over an hour to fix it but now it hits and hard! Im really happy now.

You would probably be even happier with a new enclosure.

Guys

If that makes you happy, a new enclosure will blow your mind.

Guys

You would probably be even happier with a new enclosure.

Guys

If that makes you happy, a new enclosure will blow your mind.

For now, Im happy.

I will try to save and will decide whether to get a new headunit, midbass or maybe some zcons with proper enclosure.

Just sent a request to DC creations. Hopefully they dont take long to answer.

Just bought a box from them. You can design the box to your liking at a pretty good price. Mine turned out nice.

They still havent answered a request I sent on Saturday. Not sure whats going on....

Your box is actually a serious piece of shit. The shop should be ashamed.

They still havent answered a request I sent on Saturday. Not sure whats going on....

Who? Dc creations? I know they have been pretty busy lately. Did you send a message one here or through their site?

Give Dc creations a call that was what I did, Dustin is a nice guy. I bought an enclosure from him a couple years ago it was built well & he talked with me for an over an hour, a good dude. 

Hi 

I found a driver that requires a Port of 

2-3/8 Diameter (60mm)

4-3/4 Length (120mm)

And found a Port which is 2-3/4 (about a 10mm in diameter increase)

And if this is ok

Or another option is if i can make a printed piece that connects to the end of the bass port to restrict the flow of air

The same way a one of those water restrictor for a shower head but with air not water 

1 hour ago, NOME said:

Hi 

I found a driver that requires a Port of 

2-3/8 Diameter (60mm)

4-3/4 Length (120mm)

And found a Port which is 2-3/4 (about a 10mm in diameter increase)

And if this is ok

Or another option is if i can make a printed piece that connects to the end of the bass port to restrict the flow of air

The same way a one of those water restrictor for a shower head but with air not water 

Welcome to SSA!  This thread is five years old, and you will generally get a better response on a forum if you start a new thread. 

As far as the port I would not try to restrict the end. The port needs smooth airflow. If anything they should be flared out on the ends. 

The larger opening will raise the turning frequency slightly higher. I personally would either try to find the right size port or model that port in WINisd and see what frequency you end up with. 

The recommended port size from a company is more of a suggestion, or “what most ppl would like” type thing. 

The bigger port will work as good if not better, but it will need to be longer to achieve the same tuning.