Briggiboy33

want to buy a new battery. how big does it need to be?

Toyota tundra with stock alt, hid lights, 100rms x 2 channel on the doors and 1300rms on the sub. I'm looking into buying a new battery for under the hood because there is no place to install a second battery in my truck with still a fully functional bed and max seating. I was looking at the kinetic 1800 or 2200. Not sure how big I need to go but I'm pretty sure I can squeeze just about as large of a battery as I could find in the stock location.

Measure the stock battery location to see what will fit first.

What about height? I'd look at the xs power batts in the ssa store and see which one will fit. Get the biggest that will fit your measurements. If you get confused on which is best, call xs power. They are good at helping decide which battery is best for you.

Height shouldn't be a problem. But I'm more looking for how much power I should be looking for so I can search around and look for a cheaper battery I guess. Because they are expencive as fuckkk!

Check the diehard platinum series. Those are cheaper. If the g34 works then I would get that. If not the next size down.

And make sure you do the big 3

As big of a battery that fits that your wallet allows.

As big of a battery that fits that your wallet allows.

Yup!

Yeah I have the big 3 done. But what kind of ratings should I be looking for? Cranking amps? Amp hours? And what would be large enough to not dim my lights while I'm driving? With 1500rms worth of amps. Plus all of the stock electrical. Sorry about the non direct questions guys. I'm learning here a bit aswell

I think it all depends on your alternator output if you will get dimming. 

The best battery you can afford will help. A agm with high cold cranking amps would be the best.

Yeah I have the big 3 done. But what kind of ratings should I be looking for? Cranking amps? Amp hours? And what would be large enough to not dim my lights while I'm driving? With 1500rms worth of amps. Plus all of the stock electrical. Sorry about the non direct questions guys. I'm learning here a bit aswell

I aksed one of the guys at xs power the same question and he told me that honestly there's no "true" rating that will define how good it is for audio. That being said many guys go by amp hours.

Quality of the materials inside the battery make a difference as well. You get what u pay for. The bigger the numbers the better.

I went to the car audio shop today and asked if he could help me decide on a battery. He insisted that a larger battery will ruin my truck and won't help with any dimming. He says I shouldn't be upgrading the stock battery size. But he wants me to buy a capacitor... so I left. My current battery has 586 CCA and I was looking at buying the die hard platinum g34which iI believe has about 900cca. Would this be a noticeable difference with like my voltage drop and my lights dimming? I know it will still drop but it shouldn't drop as quickly. And I also was curious about the capacitor. It's a waste of money right? Or would it actually help? My friend has a 2 farad cap that I could prob get for like $20 but everyone on here says they don't work. And again I have a 1300rms amp on the sub and a 100rms x 2ch on the doors. All comments and help is much appreciated.

Well think of a battery as if it was a big capacitor. It has way more reserve power. So a cap. is basically useless. Just my 2 cents.

Yeah that's pretty much how I was thinking of it.. and just makes sense.. like if a stock stereo runs just fine off a stock battery. Why can't you connect a big battery to a big stereoand have it work just fine also?