mikey5472

1995 Eagle Talon Wall Build

I don't know how you guys are able to do build insane enclosures. The wall builds I see are just crazy sometimes. Nice skills!

I don't know how you guys are able to do build insane enclosures. The wall builds I see are just crazy sometimes. Nice skills!

Thank you.

It is easier than it looks though. Just time consuming.

I traded my old pioneer head unit for some deadner the other day. Plan on instaling it the next warm day available, and start getting the front bffles cut. I found some used batteries locally that I may jump on after the new year. Still very undecided on recones.

Audio Technix deadner. And as for batteries got lead on c&d 75ah batts used local.

I am currently working on the front stage and locations... I can and probably will mount the 8's in the doors with some custom pods. Where i am having a problem is mounting the horns. They will not fit in the doors or under the dash. The only places i can think of is in the actual wall or in the center console. I am afraid that mounting them in the wall will be extremely to harsh for my liking. I could maybe make some custom a pillars for them but always heard you don't want them aimed directly at you. This is my first encounter with horns... Who knows i may get rid of them and go with something else.

Anyone with some experience with horns care to add some input?

Taking pictures of doors dash and kicks would help out immensely.

I have been in the process of making my own fuse blocks at work here lately. If I get a chance today i will upload some pics. I started them out of a chunk of aluminum the I got from chop.  Then milled them down the the desired measuments now have to drill and tap them for the fuses and 0 gauge.

Get to work on those pics slacker!!!

Working on it right now brother.

update?

Here is the fuse blocks I have been working on the last couple weeks before work.

fuseblocks2_zps1c0b5031.jpg

fuseblocks3_zpse3778d24.jpg

fuseblocks1_zps473e29d5.jpg

They will be mounted on some 1" plexi that will be milled out aswell and maybe attempt to do a logo in it or something.. We will see how it actually turns out, if i don't like it in the end I may just scrap it all and buy some. All though I did this to save some money. (the aluminum used is curtosy of my brother Chop)

Edited by mdizzle5472

I would also like to add that if this build does do well and the car stays in tact, I will be switching to some 4 inch coil subs.. Preferably SSA Evils or Fi SP4s.

I have 5 days off of work next week with nothing to do, so i might start on my door panels. I am going to mount the 8's in the doors and the horns in the center console. That seems to be the most effective way for me to mount them and get the most out of the horns with out tthem being extremely to harsh.

That will snap u forward on progress nicely

If it weren't so cold and shitty outside it would all be done just waiting on equipment, but we do live in Indiana...

Just a little update of where I am going with this build. It has been way to cold and snowy to do any actual work to the build. And since I do not. Currently have a garage nothing has been done. I have been doing some research though and have found some 11.5" diameter PVC pipe and will got that route instead of a slot port. It will save me damn near a cubic foot, and with only 12.74 before displacement I could use the help. Also it will get my port area right around where I need it to be. I am also only going to run 1 saz-3500d for now until I can get some money together to upgrade my electrical substantially.

I just got a new job as well, I was an aluminum door fabricator and got promoted by the same company to the maintenance team. Decent raise, but it is second shift but I should be able to deal with that.