Flatline1

What makes Flatline amps different!

I get this question about 30 times a day so I figured I would just make a thread to kind of explain. When we started talking about starting Flatline the first thing that we said was that we wanted to be different. Different look , different customer service just different all around the board. Finding the layout that we have was not easy to do by any means. Honestly we were about to give up on it before the buildhouse showed us these boards that are brand new as far as our FL1 and FL2 are concerned.  So to get into the heart of things lets look at our bigger units. I know everyone wonders how our 7k and 8.5k amplifiers make power with whats inside of them. Well our amps are taller than most other companies, and the reason behind that is because everything in our amplifiers are double stacked as far as the toroids and transformers. The capacitors we use are bigger than most companies there fore there are less used. Honestly you just have to see these monsters in person to see what i mean. So look at it like this lets say another companies 7k has 8 transformers it will have only 4 techinally speaking there are still 8 there just 4 that are double stacked. Hopefully that makes since and on the output side there are 2 instead of 4 but ther again they are still double stacked so there are techinally still 4. To sum everything up they are the most efficient amplifiers that our build house has to offer and thats what we wanted. We have seen improvement from most customers that have bought our amps doing a direct swap from another companies to ours. So just stay tuned we have a alot of things still working our run is running a little behind scheudle which is throwing things off a little we are working on a 9.5k which will be a 18v unit it will be basically the same as the El Jefe' just it will run @18v instead of 16v. We are also waiting on protos of the 500.2 and our 4 channel that we will offer which will be a 150.4.

Nice topic, was thinking it would be a nice addition to it if you had photo's pointing everything out you are mentioning. :)

Yea Im actually working on that as we speak should have it finished later today

Yea Im actually working on that as we speak should have it finished later today

bigok.gif