Cptsnuggle

Help with new build? 1800 usd budget.

Hey guys I would appreciate a little help with a new build. I'm currently rocking a pair of dual 12s in a band pass box with a pyle amp... Feel free to laugh at my current system. I listen to rap/metal/rock/ and some dubstep. My current system doesn't meet my needs although it has been kicking for over 3 years now. This summer I managed to work 2 full time jobs to replace my car audio. 

I'm currently driving a 2006 cobalt ls with a 115 amp alternator. trunk dim are 34W and 26 deep or around that ball park. I looking at the  12 inch death row series subs and a 2200d soundqubed amp.

I would like a setup that is insanely loud and still sound great.

For the build I'm looking at the following parts

250 h/o alt $300

I/0 gauge wire/ terminals/ distribution block etc... $150

Big 3

cheap xs power battery $179

Custom built box $150

death row 12 x2 $750 after shipping

Soundqubed 2200d mono amp $439 plus shipping.

this is putting me a little over budget after shipping so is their anyways to cut cost somewhere and will the death row's provide enough spl to really feel the bass?

Where in Sevierville are you located? I frequent the area quite a bit.  I have a couple cabins in Gatlinburg.

This 0 gauge will be plenty good enough for you. RCA's and what not can be found here as well

http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KCA-PK0

I would talk to Tricia at IA (number is on their site) and see if they have any B stock 20.1's for sale. (they still come with full warranty)

The DR's are beefy drivers.

What company are you using for the alternator?

and have you considered buying used gear? There's a lot of used gear on the net for pretty good prices.

Edited by DanP

in the boonies of wears valley lol, and thanks for the wire link. I want to run the subs at 1ohm stable as well and was wondering if I needed the extra battery? or would the alternator be enough.

Looks like you may be able to save money on a different battery. XS is nice but you can get cheaper

and have you considered buying used gear? There's a lot of used gear on the net for pretty good prices.

ebay for the alternator. not sure on the company but it charges at 1200rpm so it seemed good to me. I can double check on the brand.

Go with a name brand alternator if you go that route. I bought a cheap one a few years ago and hated it. Voltage seemed worse than stock. You may not even need an alternator. See where your at with a decent battery under hood and in the back first.

Powermax makes the alternator, and I've never considered getting used gear online. I've had some pretty bad luck with second hand purchases. 

Send me an email. I may be able to help you out. david@incriminatoraudio.com

ebay for the alternator. not sure on the company but it charges at 1200rpm so it seemed good to me. I can double check on the brand.

"***Full output of 250 Amps is achieved at over 1200 engine rpm.***" be careful they say over 1200 RPM Which could mean 5k RPM Realistically..

Send me an email. I may be able to help you out. david@incriminatoraudio.com

Email is sent your way sir.

"***Full output of 250 Amps is achieved at over 1200 engine rpm.***" be careful they say over 1200 RPM Which could mean 5k RPM Realistically..

I hope it doesn't mean that, but I get what your saying. btw I checked your jeep build and it looks nice. I'm thinking of doing a build log as well since I haven't seen a bunch of IA builds.

I actually chose IA on a coin toss. Sundown was tails and IA was heads. Impossible to decide lol. (I'm not saying this to start a comparison between the two as there is enough brand battles on the main forum.)

I just found out mechman alternators is an hour from my house so I going with them. No shipping fees 

I finally got everything figured out. I'll make a build log in the following weeks for those that are interested. thanks for all the help guys and especially smashed and danp for saving me from buying a powermax alt.