psychomantis

Installed some I65c

So after doing some research and all I figured id install some speakers i bought a while back.

@ the store

IMG_0468.jpg

Making the adapter

IMG_0470.jpg

mounted and about to put the speaker in.

IMG_0469.jpg

I didnt take a final but i will retake my door apart and take a final I am awaiting the pods to come in so i can install the tweeter in the stock location.I was gonna run this amp since ive had it for a few years

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_8522_Pioneer-GM-5300T.html#tabs

How does it look? I dont wanna kill my new investment.

My next mods are to do the big three for both of my stock batteries and then to plan the center console with some help if anyone wants to help me haha..

Edited by psychomantis

I hope you're not putting the crossovers in the doors.

The water/moisture isn't good for them.

Good start. Keep us updated and let us what you think of them. We are really proud of our components and coaxials. 

I got to listen to them alot more today and they sound really good.. though they act like they want more power... haha soon i keep telling them

Depending on how much power, you'll have adjust the low pass xover point higher. But they're very clean sounding. 

Im super new to this so can you explain? also would it briing out the midbass a little more or alot?

Most decent HU's will have xover settings for your highs. I know most pioneers do. Once I put my zxi150.4 on mine, I had to raise my xover point to 80-100hz due to the amount of power. This was to prevent the mid bass drivers from bottoming out. Grated you don't need that much power, but I needed more volume. Also I have pretty big doors so that doesn't help with running high power in stock location. If you're running a highs amp, you should be able to set it to the HPF setting and raise it to the point you need to. Each setup is different and may not even have to worry about it. Just throwing in my .02