Julian

My progress.

So I've decided to get back into the gym after awhile. I started using the JEFit app on my ipod/Note 2, it's a great app that has tons of submitted workout profiles, you can also make your own, it tracks your progress, suggests where you should be hitting after X weight. It's pretty awesome. Also it syncs your data to their website so whether you use your ipod one day or your android device another day it'll all be up to date.

I work out 5 days a week which usually looks like

Mon: Chest & Tricepts

Tue: legs and Abs

Wed: Back And Abs

Thu: Biceps and shoulders

Fri: Run day

Sat: rest

Sun Rest.

So monday: 

Bench Press 5 sets of 6x125 lbs

Incline bench 3 sets 8x95lbs

Dumbbell Bench 3 sets 8x60

Incline dumbbell bench 3 x 8x50

Dumbbell Fly 3 sets 8x15

Dumbbell Standing Tricep Extensions 3 sets 15x20

Tricep Pull Downs 9 sets x 8x70

Barbell Tricep Extensions 3 sets 8x120 8x135 4x150

Bench Press Close grip  3 sets 8x60

2 mile Sprint/Runs

Tuesday

Squat 3 sets 8x135

Deadlift 3 sets 6x165 6x175 6x210 This is my current highest deadlift!

Leg Extensions 3 sets 8x150

Leg Press 3 sets 235x8 255x8 255x8

Seated leg Curl 3 sets 150x8

Standing Calf raises 3 sets 3x315 335x8 355x8

Calf Press on Leg press 3 sets 20x295 20x315 20x335

Cable crunches 3 sets 15x130 15x145 15x160

Crunches 3 sets 30 20 20

Plank 3 1 min sets

Also I've been using C4 watermelon preworkout and I love it

Are they your workout shoes? ;)

I used those shoes before... only for back day at the gym though

I'd actually buy those if the link worked and they were in the US.

Back/Ab day

Barbell Deadlift 232.33 Set 1 : 155x6
Set 2 : 165x6
Set 3 : 205x4
     |  
Barbell Bent Over Row 145.67 Set 1 : 95x8
Set 2 : 95x8
Set 3 : 115x8
     |  
Wide Grip Lat Pulldown 132 Set 1 : 110x6
Set 2 : 105x6
Set 3 : 95x8
     |  
Close-Grip Front Lat Pulldown 139.33 Set 1 : 110x8
Set 2 : 110x8
Set 3 : 110x8
     |  
Cable Seated Row 126.67 Set 1 : 100x8
Set 2 : 95x8
Set 3 : 95x8
     |  
One Arm Dumbell Row 63.33 Set 1 : 40x8
Set 2 : 45x8
Set 3 : 50x8
     |  
Pull Ups 139.33 Set 1 : 8 Laps/Reps
Set 2 : 8 Laps/Reps
Set 3 : 6 Laps/Reps
     |  
Decline Crunch 25 Set 1 : 25 Laps/Reps
Set 2 : 25 Laps/Reps
Set 3 : 20 Laps/Reps
     |  
Leg Raise 20 Set 1 : 20 Laps/Reps
Set 2 : 20 Laps/Reps
     |  
Air Bike 20 Set 1 : 20 Laps/Reps
Set 2 : 20 Laps/Reps

nice

Mind sharing starting weight/goals? Just started working out myself again and im wondering what your workout is geared towards.

Realistically just trying to get bigger and stronger. My goal isn't really to cut weight a bunch just be able to lift more lol. 

I've been gaining for the past 2-3 weeks atleast 25-55lbs per work out in most cases.  I just use JEfit to keep track of my progress each week and try to add 25 or more pounds on what I could do the week before.

I like the app.... thanks for the mention ... Lets see if it can help me gain or not... been at a plateau for a bit with chest not changing even though workouts have... 

Realistically just trying to get bigger and stronger. My goal isn't really to cut weight a bunch just be able to lift more lol. 

I've been gaining for the past 2-3 weeks atleast 25-55lbs per work out in most cases.  I just use JEfit to keep track of my progress each week and try to add 25 or more pounds on what I could do the week before.

I like the app.... thanks for the mention ... Lets see if it can help me gain or not... been at a plateau for a bit with chest not changing even though workouts have... 

If you go into the routines there is TONS of stuff, I just use the basic intermediate routines with some added cardio

I've been gaining for the past 2-3 weeks atleast 25-55lbs per work out in most cases. I just use JEfit to keep track of my progress each week and try to add 25 or more pounds on what I could do the week before.

Lift, eat, sleep, and repeat Danny. Oh yeah and stop being a pussy

lmao ... Thanks Sean... I'll keep in mind

I've been gaining for the past 2-3 weeks atleast 25-55lbs per work out in most cases. I just use JEfit to keep track of my progress each week and try to add 25 or more pounds on what I could do the week before.

Lift, eat, sleep, and repeat Danny. Oh yeah and stop being a pussy

I downloaded a few different routines so I could steal some new exercises... I don't like using some of these machines... barbell, cables, and dumbbells

If you go into the routines there is TONS of stuff, I just use the basic intermediate routines with some added cardio

I downloaded a few different routines so I could steal some new exercises... I don't like using some of these machines... barbell, cables, and dumbbells

You can edit the routines to your liking also. 

Awesome progress and good luck!

I hope you don't mind, but recently I've came across some guys on youtube and they are awesome. I've started this workout they have and I've noticed a LOT of gains I've never been able to achieve. I'm at the end of week 5 as of current and I love it, already have gained a solid 7-10lbs of muscle and have just continually been growing.

http://www.buff-dudes.com/guide-to-getting-in-shape/

Edited by ecromeans

yes they're pretty good about giving advice... 

also, thought I'd be a d1ck and post that I did my PR deadlift today .. 295lbs .... YAY!!! That is sumo and standard .... feels great!!!! 

I hope you don't mind, but recently I've came across some guys on youtube and they are awesome. I've started this workout they have and I've noticed a LOT of gains I've never been able to achieve. I'm at the end of week 5 as of current and I love it, already have gained a solid 7-10lbs of muscle and have just continually been growing.

yes they're pretty good about giving advice... 

also, thought I'd be a d1ck and post that I did my PR deadlift today .. 295lbs .... YAY!!! That is sumo and standard .... feels great!!!! 

I usually go for multiples instead of maxing out for one or two.

Dumbbell Arnold Press 37 Set 1 : 30x7

Set 2 : 30x7

Set 3 : 30x7

|  

Barbell Shoulder Press 90 Set 1 : 65x7

Set 2 : 75x6

Set 3 : 65x8

|  

Dumbbell Lateral Raise 20 Set 1 : 15x10

Set 2 : 15x10

Set 3 : 15x10

|  

Dumbbell Front Raise 26.67 Set 1 : 15x15

Set 2 : 20x10

Set 3 : 20x10

|  

Barbell Shrug 196.33 Set 1 : 95x15

Set 2 : 135x10

Set 3 : 155x8

|  

Barbell Curl 57 Set 1 : 45x8

Set 2 : 45x8

Set 3 : 45x8

|  

Dumbbell Alternate Bicep Curl 20 Set 1 : 15x10

Set 2 : 15x10

Set 3 : 15x10

|  

Alternate Hammer Curl 25 Set 1 : 15x20

Set 2 : 15x20

Set 3 : 15x20

|  

Dumbbell Concentration Curls 40 Set 1 : 25x16

Set 2 : 20x30

Set 3 : 20x30

|  

Alternate Incline Dumbbell Curl 19 Set 1 : 15x8

Set 2 : 15x8

Set 3 : 15x8

Maybe I didn't say that right BUT ... that was my best set... as in part of my workout routine today for legs/back sorta day... That was my last working set but only 4 reps of each grip .. My issues isn't getting the weight up but keeping my grip cuz I don't use/like straps

aand again for yesterday

Barbell Deadlift 232.33 Set 1 : 205x4
Set 2 : 185x4
Set 3 : 185x4
     |  
Wide Grip Lat Pulldown 139.33 Set 1 : 110x8
Set 2 : 105x8
Set 3 : 105x8
     |  
Close-Grip Front Lat Pulldown 133 Set 1 : 105x8
Set 2 : 105x8
Set 3 : 105x8