hey guys, I have recently purchased a 2006 subaru legacy 2.5i. my previous car i had 2 12 inch gcons on a sundown 1500 amp, a 6 cubic foot box that i sealed into the cabin. was wondering what would be effected if i were to seal the box instead of port it and still reverse the subs facing the cabin. so run a 3 cubic foot box sealed off from the trunk with the subs facing the cabin. i just am wondering if this would work. or if it would sound like shit. haha. i have the box designed to fit into the trunk so i can seal it off. I am trying to save space (i snowboard in the winter) roof racks can only carry boards. id have more than half the trunk left with the box ive designed. but im still trying to figure out the electrical. was looking at the mechman 105high output alt for the engine and a dc 2700 (i think). maybe switching my amp to a rockford 1000 that apparently draws less power off the electrical (we'll see). i would take any advice given as long as you dont lead me in the wrong direction haha. if M5 or any of the vets read this, Ill answer whatever questions you have. correctly. thanks guys.

I get you have a subbie, but the rest I am not so sure.

ok so to explain it best i am going to attach pictures of my old system setup.not sure how the pics are going to show up on the message so bare with me.

so i would like to do something similar to this but in a sealed box manner, same idea with the subs facing the back of the back seat. Just wondering if it will work.

am thinking 3ft^3 1.5 cubes per 12"gcon. I am just wondering weather or not the fact that there is a port guiding the air into the cabin is the only way in which the subs air will travel ( ie... i dont want to have to have the rear seats down all the time.)

post-15611-0-00943200-1377832385_thumb.j

post-15611-0-55361300-1377832407_thumb.j

post-15611-0-31060300-1377832457_thumb.j

post-15611-0-19058100-1377832487_thumb.j

It was your typing that was confusing.

Not sure what you mean by, "will it work". Probably far from optimal, but you haven't given us a lot to go on.

Wish my backseat had that fold down piece.

optimal being ported sounds the best? i love the way it sounded when i had it set up with the port. i just cant come to terms with a box that big in a smaller trunk. what i mean by that is i dont want the subs to sound like their trapped inside of a shell or something being that they are so close to the back seat.

if your looking for dimensions i had a box designed at 16Hx40WX14D with a double baffled front. and a 1.5 inch  thick center to seperate the two chambers

Edited by surfdude10