Sign in to follow this  
tjennemann

Powerwheel Time

Well built this Powerwheel for my son to compete in USACi and MidwestSPL competition. I had an old 12" pioneer sub in it but now I am thinking about building a box for an 8" sundown. I have an SA-8 v1 sitting in my garage I am going to play around with.

Right now I am using an 10yr old Sony MP70 headunit, along with a 12yrd old American Bass CX-1500 Amplifier.

I will post some pictures up as soon as I get my thread count up enough. Plus for some reason my company has Photobucket blocked at work. So it might be tonight before you see anything

so here is another post to see if anyone has any starting points to building a "Burb" port wars box. I was thinking .6 - .7 cubes. As much as I want to run a 4" dia port the max I can get away with is a 3 1/2" port per the design of the box.

Welcome to SSA

One of our team members has something similar ... Best of luck with your setup !!!

Thanks. do you know how many posts you need before I can upload photos into my own Gallery?

What is your team member running. There are not any other Powerwheels around St Louis area that are competing. so it would be nice to see other peoples setups

do you know how many posts you need before I can upload photos into my own Gallery?

Not sure brother

What is your team member running. There are not any other Powerwheels around St Louis area that are competing. so it would be nice to see other peoples setups

USACI Mini MSX SPL ... I think it was the open class (no restrictions other than being a powerwheel and a kid driver)

The first box I build for it with a single 12" sub. This only did 133db

first Box

Front view showing the location of the Amplifier as the grill

vinyl 8

Battery and Volt meter installed

vinyl 6

Side shot showing the vinyl graphics

vinyl 7

This shows the motorcycle I restored for my son to drive around at shows so he didn't kill the battery on the digger before the competition started

CAM00219

The 2nd box I did is a 6th order bandpass design ended up doing a 140db. So not it is onto building a portwars box for the 8" sundown. I hope to get into the mid 50's this way.

do you know how many posts you need before I can upload photos into my own Gallery?

Not sure brother

>What is your team member running. There are not any other Powerwheels around St Louis area that are competing. so it would be nice to see other peoples setups

USACI Mini MSX SPL ... I think it was the open class (no restrictions other than being a powerwheel and a kid driver)
actually meant what Equipment and numbers they are running. USACi has 2 classes a stock class where you can only have 1 sub, 1 amp, 1 battery and everything has to be inboard of the boxy. then they also have an extreme class where anything goes

When I built this one I wanted him to still be able to drive it around our subdivision. its only about 100lbs so it still way under the recommended weight restriction

Edited by tjennemann

:WELCOME: Cool set up.

This picture here gives you an idea of where the port enters the cab. This pic was taken before I cut out the opening into the cab. Since the meter goes in the passenger side floor board is the reason I am thinking doing a portwars style box will produce better numbers. This box size is 1.5 cubic feet.

IMG592

actually meant what Equipment and numbers they are running. USACi has 2 classes a stock class where you can only have 1 sub, 1 amp, 1 battery and everything has to be inboard of the boxy. then they also have an extreme class where anything goes

When I built this one I wanted him to still be able to drive it around our subdivision. its only about 100lbs so it still way under the recommended weight restriction

oh ... sorry brother

Can't give much details cause its not my vehicle, but this vid is where it had that shitty RD Audio susbs and amplifiers ... but managed to pound out a whopping 177 db on the meter ...

Now this is the one where it has the Updated 12s and the massive Linear Power 4.1HVS amplifiers on 14.4 volts ...

The vid will show the outcome of the upgrades ...

180.9 db at 77 htz ...

Edited by Cablguy184

yea I have seen video's of that thing before. The only thing I don't like about it, is the fact that is not a practical Powerwheel anymore. I read an article about that thing it weighs about 600+ lbs

I think all Powerwheels should still be able to fit at least 2 kids in them and still be mobile to move around. Should almost make an obstacle course for the kids to run though before pulling into the lanes lol

but to each their own

Welcome

Love those set ups!

You have a very cool looking machine there brother !!!

The only thing I don't like about it, is the fact that is not a practical Powerwheel anymore. I read an article about that thing it weighs about 600+ lbs

Alexis drove it from the parking areas to the competition lanes every time she did SPL runs. It had to be driven, too heavy to pick up ... So yes, true to the rules ... That Caddy operated just like an actual power wheels machine ...

And a question here ... on this machine, the mic went into the passenger kick pannel (you literally have to open and close the passenger door) just like any other spl vehicle. So it had to be modified to work properly. Where do you install your mic for SPL readings ??? I'm assuming into the port like port wars, which technically not correct under USACI rules ...

Please understand that I'm not trying to argue with you in any way ... I'm just trying to understand the rules better because I have a friend interested in building one, but not for the same class Alexis ran in ...

Edited by Cablguy184

the mic actually goes into the kick panel on the passenger side floor board. It doesn't go into the port. The meter is actually about 12" from the opening to the port. Plus with USACi they now have a 9" globe around the meter so you have to make sure there is enough room for the globe to rest