Sign in to follow this  
Quentin Jarrell

LOOKING FOR SEASONED COMPETITORS FOR R&D

As the title says I am looking for competitors to do R&D on a large SPL driver.  For testing purposes only one driver will be available in either a 12, 15, or 18.  This is a very large driver weighing about 105 pounds.  Below is a comparison picture of the driver's coil next to a Ethos and FI BTL N3 coil.  The coil is 95mm long 3 inch 8 layer dual one ohm coil with an Re of .9 ohms per coil.  The coil produces a BL of 51.5 and a motor force factor of 1,484.  I am looking for a seasoned competitor with a few years experience preferably someone that has attended nationals a few times. 

DSC_0161_zps870d9f71.jpg

DSC_0163_zps7678ac8e.jpg

If you are interested send me a PM with your info.

What kind of cone are you using? Got a friend doing a single 15 burp setup. He's folded almost every cone so far or blown the surround. But it's doing very nice numbers.

Wouldn't mind helping, but this is only my first year running MECA although I am first in my class in points :/

Besides needing help what enclosure perimeters are expected for this sub (18") just out of curiosity?

Edited by nadcicle

As the title says I am looking for competitors to do R&D on a large SPL driver.  For testing purposes only one driver will be available in either a 12, 15, or 18.  This is a very large driver weighing about 105 pounds.  Below is a comparison picture of the driver's coil next to a Ethos and FI BTL N3 coil.  The coil is 95mm long 3 inch 8 layer dual one ohm coil with an Re of .9 ohms per coil.  The coil produces a BL of 51.5 and a motor force factor of 1,484.  I am looking for a seasoned competitor with a few years experience preferably someone that has attended nationals a few times. 

DSC_0161_zps870d9f71.jpg

DSC_0163_zps7678ac8e.jpg

If you are interested send me a PM with your info.

What kind of cone are you using? Got a friend doing a single 15 burp setup. He's folded almost every cone so far or blown the surround. But it's doing very nice numbers.

Do not know.  No one is producing a subwoofer with a  motor this strong.  This is why it's R&D and I need someone with experience with large drivers like the IA Warden or DD Z

Well he's using an tc 5400 motor right now. I don't think it's a slouch when it come to terms of BL... No it's using an lms coil either. 

Edited by armykyle1

If you can get with taylor gardner aka taylorfade on caco, I know he does quite a bit of testing amps and subs. And hes local to you somewhat.