Sign in to follow this  
slam

new 20.1 question

Ive searched and searched but cant find anything.  Is it .5 stable on music?

thanks

with a good electrical yes they are, these amps have always been good below 1 ohm so I don't why not

Why not email Nick at IA, since he knows more about his own amps then random people on forums.

Well since im on the official forum for IA thought Id get a faster response posting than emailing.  I didnt post about this topic anywhere else...  Just searched other forums as well as this forum

Edited by slam

They rated their amps at one ohm. Below one ohm will void the warranty.

They will run 1/2 ohm nominal no problem.  Got mine wired at 1/2 ohm all day every day and beat on it constantly.  Never had it go into protect.

Is it worth blowing the amp if you don't have good electrical.

Is it worth blowing the amp if you don't have good electrical.

It would not be worth it.  I think electrical would not be an issue with this amp in my jeep.  

Well seeing as I actually have one of the new IA20.1's and am running it at 1/2 ohm daily with no issues I would think you would be fine.  I would also figure that you probably have a more stout electrical system then I do so even more so it shouldnt be an issue.

You can get a crescendo amp and pay extra and they will warranty it to .5 ohms.

You can get a crescendo amp and pay extra and they will warranty it to .5 ohms.

Why would I want to do that.  I didnt buy the 20.1 new so obviously I dont care about the warranty.  Not only that but Id rather have the 20.1.  Ill stick to what I know works best for me.  I only run 2 subs amps and "b2" honest crescendo is not the other one.

Again, thanks for informing me of things I never asked.

IA 4lyfe rockwoot.gif  

Reason for being a dick?

You're a douche. They're only trying to help you not fuck up your system and make you think about things you might not have thought but since you're a know it all go for it.

Offering a cheaper quality product just because its warrantied at 0.5 ohms is asinine. IA amps are proven to work well below 1 ohm loads. Obviously nobody recommends you to do so but people do it more and more these days so yeah. Pretty much every post after I answered didn't answer his question one bit.

Offering a cheaper quality product just because its warrantied at 0.5 ohms is asinine. IA amps are proven to work well below 1 ohm loads. Obviously nobody recommends you to do so but people do it more and more these days so yeah. Pretty much every post after I answered didn't answer his question one bit.

eek5wavey.gif

Reason for being a dick?

Cause I didnt ask about warranty.  I stated that in one of my above post already.  Sorry if I offended you, just wanted to know about an IA product...  Hence why i posted in this manufactory forum of IA and not crescendo forum about warranty.  Hope this helps your concern.

You're a douche. They're only trying to help you not fuck up your system and make you think about things you might not have thought but since you're a know it all go for it.

Im a douche cause I asked how not to fuck up my shit?  Thats my question of an Ia product not how the warranty is of crescendo.  I dont know shit about anything but I do know a little to get me by car audio ;) 

right!

with a good electrical yes they are, these amps have always been good below 1 ohm so I don't why not

Then why are you running a cadance amp and not a IA. To much money for you?

Damn someone is butthurt, haha

Damn someone is butthurt, haha

I would think it is the other way around!

How can you speak for IA amps when you don't use them??????????????????