Will Harper

electrical upgrade question

So my jeep has a stock 160a alternator. I plan on upgrading to about 2k rms here in the next few weeks. I was wondering if that alternator would cut it if i did big3 and got some extra batts. What do you guys think?

Big 3 and a second batt in the back should do it. If you don't plan to upgrade more than a g34 size batt should suffice. If you might upgrade to more power then get a g31 batt.

The only way to tell to install everything and go from there, too many factors to determine yay or nay. Get a volt meter, do big 3 and grab the biggest battery you can group 31. Go from there and monitor your voltage.

Jay-cee is right. one big factor depends on what amperage your car is sucking down from your alt. I know I used a stock 95 amp alt with a D3100 in the trunk on my vic and I stayed above 12.8 at full tilt with 2000 rms. I have one for sale actually :)

should be fine as long as u get a decent second battery

sorry for asking my question off yours but i might to a big three but was wondering if my original stock battery that is in the trunk be good enough after i do the big three. i have a 130amp alt with 95amps to play with after taking away the power need to run everything else or should i replace it i have an agm auto zone duralast platinum 34r up front but it bulgdes since i do not have a heatshield material to stop it from doing so. my setup is 2 pa mofo's 124x wired to 1 ohm and its being ran by a crescendo bc2000d. so will a big three be enough or should i do big 3 and a second agm in the back if a second agm in the back what should i add

sorry for asking my question off yours but i might to a big three but was wondering if my original stock battery that is in the trunk be good enough after i do the big three. i have a 130amp alt with 95amps to play with after taking away the power need to run everything else or should i replace it i have an agm auto zone duralast platinum 34r up front but it bulgdes since i do not have a heatshield material to stop it from doing so. my setup is 2 pa mofo's 124x wired to 1 ohm and its being ran by a crescendo bc2000d. so will a big three be enough or should i do big 3 and a second agm in the back if a second agm in the back what should i add

Did you not read the answers given for the OP? You asked the same question he did, why would you get a different answer?

Get the largest battery you can up front, do the big three in the largest wire you have, get a volt meter and see where you are. If you want higher/steadier voltage get a bigger alt or add another battery.

Edited by watts09

but if im regulated by the pcm then i would not gain any additional voltage increase

A bigger battery will give you more reserve power.

It will not increase voltage that the Alternator puts out.

But it will keep the voltage from dropping as fast compared to a smaller battery.

The battery in back should also be a agm.

will replace it when i get the money but right now have to work with that i have