Sign in to follow this  
PHATBOi

Sundown X12 Box

Will this work? Power will be a Shark Audio 2500.1 (APSM-2000 clone). TIA!

SundownX12Box_zps6de72e31.jpg

Edited by PHATBOi

You should have a double baffle.

I would try to get more port area too. Like around 50.

Cool. Planned on doing a double baffle, but I stack on top so it will not affect the internal volume of the enclosure. I will tweak it and see if I can get closer to 50. Thanks.

No problem man!

How's this? Bumped it up to 3 cubes net, kept the 16 sqin per cube, and got 50 sqin of port area on the dot.

SundownX12Box50sqinPort_zps7ae73443.jpg

Yea everything looks good but the only thing I would do different is tune it to like ~~18hz cause I heard they hit da lowz good

na im fuckin around 3 cubes before disp looks good.

It's 3 cubes net (after displacements). That's on the large side of the suggested volume from Jacob, but I want to take full advantage of that peak to peak excursion. Looking to move a ton of air with 1 12.

EMF shipped my X12 today! WHOOTT!!!

Edited by PHATBOi

You're gonna love it man!! Within the last week, showing off my system, I've gotten countless compliments. Everyone said they were extremely loud, some said loudest they've ever heard. Not only did they say how loud they were but said they sounded amazing too!!

That's what I'm most excited about. Looking forward to that low end output with no distortion. Well that and the amount of air it's going to move. Been a long time since I had my RD Alpha/PSI 15 hybrid and even longer since I had my RE MT/PSI 12 hybrid. Those are the two cleanest sounding subs I've owned. Been dealing with a lot of budget gear lately. I know the Shark 2500 (APSM2K) isn't exactly a high end amp, but I'm not going to be running it maxed out either. I'm sure if I keep it fed with proper voltage I can get at least 1200 clean out of it. Then, when I get some more money down the road I will be stepping up the quality of the amp for sure.

Box size looks good man.  I just bought two X-12s off caraudio.com on the classifieds.  Got a hell of a deal $620 shipped brand new in box.  Let us know how it sounds!

Box size looks good man.  I just bought two X-12s off caraudio.com on the classifieds.  Got a hell of a deal $620 shipped brand new in box.  Let us know how it sounds!

I bought his other 2 lol

Awesome! That's a damn good deal. I will make a build log when things get going to keep yall posted.

Awesome! I need to post my pics of this system in my build log.

Sweet. Let me know when you do so I can check it out. Thanks.

I just bought 4 of the 12 inch X series subs and will run them off of 2 Rockford Fosgate 2500bdcp amps in a 11 cube net enclosure tuned to 31hz!!

Sweet. Let me know when you do so I can check it out. Thanks.

Posted the pics in my build log now so you can look at them now!!

Wrong thread...

Edited by PHATBOi

Box is built.
CAM00441_zpscd7237dc.jpg

Edited by PHATBOi

Sign in to follow this