Sign in to follow this  
Notorious97200

I have a great deal on a used DD 9515 : what do you think ?

Hi guys,

I have a very good deal on aDigital Design sub. It's a 9515, very cheap :)

I've never heared any, in a correct box.

I don't know how it will sound in a 3 to 3.5 ft3 ported box. That is what I can fit in the "trunk" of my Toyota auris. the Auris is like a little bigger Corolla hatchback 4 doors, with a very small hatch.

I still have my 12" BTL n2, but I have a buyer...he's in the starting blocks, waiting to take it from me !!!

Originally I was debating between an SSA Zcon and an AA Mayhem, but the DD9515 came and it costs "only" $300 locally !

I think I can't pass on this deal.

My amp is a sundown saz1500. I saw some saz 2500 at db-r, but the DD is rated for 1600 w rms.

My question : do you think I can like how it will sound in a 3 to 3.5 ft3 portee box ? I love the sound of the BTL n2. The Xcon and Icons are amazing too, so maybe I would love the Zcon !

I would stick with the lower side of it and do 3 cubes before displacement, that way your left with around 2.7 net. However considering that your not over driving the sub with too much power, depending on your goals. IF your going for a daily beater with no regards to spl, I would do 3.5 cubes because It will give you more output in the lower range. (IF thats what your going for)  

It will be for music, but I need output ! For sure :)  :)

2.75 seems too small for a 15", but they say it can work ! No way.

3 ft3 is still small for such a powerful 15" IMO. I will try the biggest box I can fit.

If I must use aeroports to save some space, I will !

BTW what would be "good" for music ? One 6"  round PVC port (flared) or two 4" ?

Waiting on other opinions.

I did the maths : one 6" has more surface than two 4" ! But I don't know what's better for this sub.

I'll take a look on a DD forum somewhere.

Ever thought about reconing your btl to a 15?

1. recone + basket + shipping would not be cheaper than the price of this DD sub. :)
  2. There are no more N2 available and my good friend wants a second one for so long ! He will have to recone it himself to a 15" !
  3. If I sell my btl, I will receive money for the DD AND enough to have a new box and some money left ! It's a really good deal

But I want it to sound good, to be loud enough when I compare to a btl, and to go low enough. I saw a lot of people saying the 9515 do not like to go low. That scares me a bit :(

1. recone + basket + shipping would not be cheaper than the price of this DD sub. smile.png
  2. There are no more N2 available and my good friend wants a second one for so long ! He will have to recone it himself to a 15" !
  3. If I sell my btl, I will receive money for the DD AND enough to have a new box and some money left ! It's a really good deal

But I want it to sound good, to be loud enough when I compare to a btl, and to go low enough. I saw a lot of people saying the 9515 do not like to go low. That scares me a bit sad.png

Get a ssa Zcon it can go it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know the Zcon is what I need !

But + $700 + taxes ...that is a lot of money, and a few weeks  (or months) to receive it.

The DD is local, and costs around $300. I know it is a very good sub for burps. It is for sure, less musical than a Zcon !

I know the Zcon is what I need !

But + $700 + taxes ...that is a lot of money, and a few weeks  (or months) to receive it.

The DD is local, and costs around $300. I know it is a very good sub for burps. It is for sure, less musical than a Zcon !

to bad it would cost you so much, because compared to a xcon it ia awesome. eek5wavey.gif

Sorry I don't know why but I thought the n2 was blown. In a proper enclosure the DD should do well, and you don't have to pay shipping which is a bonus.

I would pick it up, then sell it and make a few bucks. Then purchase something that will work far better with your space limitations.

Yeah I will definitely pick it up ! If I don't like it, I will sell it at a higher price !

This time, I want to try DC Creation, for my box design !

Hope we'll find a way...

With such a limited space, in all honesty we (as a company) would highly suggest a different driver for your application as the output and sound will reflect the lack of available space. We could not guarantee or promise in any way the output or "loudness" of that setup.

How much net volume is needed for that sub ?

Their website says 2.75-3 ft3 net. but I know it may be marketing.
All the 15" I've seen need at least 3 ft3 minimum. and I know they will not perform too well in such small volume.

I was pleased with an Xcon 15 in that space.

Honnestly, I've heared some Xcon in bigger volume, and they were sounding much better : louder on all frequencies, and lower.

But I do what I can ! I tried a 12", in 2 custom boxes, and I want more now.

I think the most space I can use is 3.5 ft3 net volume, maybe a little more if I can save some , with PVC round ports.

would you trade the n2?

Shipping will probably prevent him from trading.

shipping goes both ways, I am needing to sell my 15" zcon or trade for a 12" .  I have no space for a 15" anymore because boxes are getting bigger =[

shipping goes both ways, I am needing to sell my 15" zcon or trade for a 12" .  I have no space for a 15" anymore because boxes are getting bigger =[

He's not in the US though. I know that he has stated that shipping to his island is expensive.

Ill buy the dd9515 for the subbie lol

My box builder would kill me if I sell the sub to someone else !!!! He wants a second N2 for so long : he's already looking for recone price ! He will come to my house later because he did not see the basket price ! I'm the one who speak English and got the Mastercard !

No trade sorry !

I'll let you know how I like the DD...if it is in a good enough shape for me :)  :)

Run that dd with 3.5 or more and 16sqin of port per ft3 or more. It will love it

I hope DD will be ok to send a recone kit or 2 to me.
On their FB page they told me to ask their Trinidadian dealer. But Trinidad is another country, another island. they don't even use US $ !

do you know if they send recone kits to customers ? I will have to make some dealer get them for me. But I don't know any, yet :(