I'm sure you can find a better way to power that woofer, even if you wanted to add another in the future.  Planet Audio sucks IMO

Yeah Cloud is right, If I were you I would invest in a quality amp that is affordable such as Sounqubed or even a Hifonics amp would be better.

I used to have a planet audio 5 years ago like from back in the early 90s that freakin slapped lol

I agree with the others.  Although I do own a Planet Audio Anarchy 2400.4.  The amp does great for my mid/highs in my passat.  But it is huge, and they are way over rated power wise.  I'd be suprised if the 4000.1 actually made 1000rms.  I figure mine does 1/4 of what it's rated.

If your looking for cheap power I have to vote Hifonics.

this amp wont atleast meat 1500 wats rms

It's an SSD, ie rated for 1000w and considering you won't hear a difference between 750 and 1000 looking for 1500 is silly. Step it down in power and up in quality.

It's like buying a Porsche 911 and then putting in a 3cyl Smart car engine. Boo.

A sundown audio SAZ-1000D is a nice amp. Im using that on my 15 and its laughing at my amp. Lol

If you are looking to power a true 1500 rms look into MMATS, Audioque, sundown, incriminator, DD, exc.  Everything in the SSA store is NOT garbage.  Theres a fine line between a SAZ1500.1d and a hifonics brutus 1500bx or whatever you want to compare to.

I personally will run MMATS amps for the rest of my times on this earth, because they create overwhelming results for the small footprint they create.  Look into older MMATS dhc amps.  If you can find one in good condition its a flawless choice for powering 1-2k subs

Planet audio sucks. If you looking for a good amp that's not badly priced look in to soundqubed.

The big bang 1500 and up amps are pretty solid

For 260 you can get a b-stock Sundown 1200 from db-r.....just saying- that is the way I would go.

Edited by Leedogg

I have a team mate using a couple of the big bangs with zero issues. I guess take that for what it's woth but he's used them throughout the last year & a half in comps.

Like I said- I have a PA Anarchy in my Passat, amp works fine, though it is severely misrepresenting its power output- but I knew this.  I am sure the kid could run a PA BB4000.1, which claims 1500w RMS, not CEA-2006 rated, so I question the 1500.  A 4000.1 is 230 on ebay...good luck with that warranty- or spend 30 more dollars for a DB-r refurbed sundown 1200(underated)....I'd go sundown.

For 230 I would get the bstock sundown any day. That or a soundqubed 1200 a rf prime 1200(I do run this one). PA does not do rated and you will not be happy with it in the long run and end up spending 2x te money

Like I said- I have a PA Anarchy in my Passat, amp works fine, though it is severely misrepresenting its power output- but I knew this.  I am sure the kid could run a PA BB4000.1, which claims 1500w RMS, not CEA-2006 rated, so I question the 1500.  A 4000.1 is 230 on ebay...good luck with that warranty- or spend 30 more dollars for a DB-r refurbed sundown 1200(underated)....I'd go sundown.

How do you know this?  Have you measured it properly?  NO, you haven't because you would have listed numbers, so your post is pretty much worthless.

You see too many posts like this.  People spew off assumptions without any real world data.  Others who don't know any better, follow the trend, and then you have a line of BS. 

I don't have the exact amp you are speaking of, but I have a couple of the Big Bang amps, have had a lot of other Planet Audio amps in the past and never had any issues.  I did have one blow up because a buddy was playing with buttons, but even out of warranty, PA repaired it for nothing more than shipping charges and did it in a timely manner. 

I have a team member running 4 Big Bang amps (2 strapped per sub) on 2 18" Crossfire XSv.2's with zero issues. He has been very satisfied for the money invested.

I've been running a Hifonics GLX1400.1D on my SSD15 for almost 3 months and it does a great job. CEA-2006 certified, never gets hot, nice features. and just under $200. If there's something i don't know about amps that cost twice as much for the same rated power, someone fill me in.

I get the impression that many companies like Soundqubed simply jack up their prices for the name after they've established themselves, I was planning on buying the AQ1200D at $170 or so a while back and I remember that they jacked up the price by like $90 one day for no apparent reason, listed specs stayed the same. 

But I'm a newbie to the scene so what do I know? I just figured get something with plenty of headroom, is CEA-2006 certified, and since i'd seen loads of people running Hifonics amps on Fi subs, i figured i'd just roll the dice so long as it wasnt the H-Fi line. I'm satisfied.

Mr. Clinton has a really nice PA 6 channel that I would like :)

"CEA rated" means nothing.

i thought the whole point of CEA ratings were so that manufacturers couldn't just crank up the voltage to an unrealistically high level that you'd never have in your car (or something to that effect) and then rate their amplifier's output from there?

i thought it meant that if it had that certification then it meant the amp made rated power at 13.8 volts or some specific value. Do elaborate.