Chris1309ny

I Need Help With Choosing a Battery...

It seems as though a nightmare has occured because yesterday my voltage was very low and my battery light kept flickering on and off. I went to O'Riellys and they told me my battery was bad. I have owned the Kinetik HC1800 for only about 6 months now and I have a custom 240 amp alternator (12v). I need advice please! If in fact the battery is bad what to I change to? Here are the specs:

2001 Ford Windstar LX

Pioneer Head Unit

0 gauge & big three

2 alpine type rs

hifonics brz1200d @1ohm

Kinetik HC1800 (claimed to be bad after 6 months?)

The gentleman at O'Reillys told me to switch to an Optima? As a car audio guy I though Optimas weren't the way to go? I was thinking XS? I need advice so anything and everything is appreciated. -CHRIS

You need to find out what happened to the battery.  What exactly did they say was wrong with it? 

I would call Kinetic, get the warranty work started and get a standard wet cell battery and go from there.

I would check the alternator as well

Edited by Billetproof97'

You need to find out what happened to the battery.  What exactly did they say was wrong with it? 

I would call Kinetic, get the warranty work started and get a standard wet cell battery and go from there.

Exactly what I was going to say!

Exactly what I was going to say!

I would get another agm if you can at the time you could use as a secondary batt after the warranty work is done.